+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Office 2010 + Smartboard V10 in Technical; We are currently testing our new build ready for September. Currently we have Office 2010 installed on Windows XP SP3 ...
    Thank Post

Office 2010 + Smartboard V10

We are currently testing our new build ready for September. Currently we have Office 2010 installed on Windows XP SP3 using SmartBoard SW V.10.6

We have noticed that in PowerPoint 2010 when you run the slideshow then annotate with the coloured pens on the powerpoint slide, when you move to the next slide and then return to any previous slide it isn't keeping what was previously written. This isn't an issue with PowerPoint 2007 - when you click back and forth between the slides what you have written remains.

Does anyone else have this issue with PowerPoint 2010? I am wondering whether SmartBoard are working on a version of their software which will work with PowerPoint 2010 and it isn't yet compatible.

Thank Post

same thing

Yes we just upgraded our Prof. compouters to windows 7 with PP 2010 and annotations do not stay on the PP's Have you gotten anywhere with this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Paid_Peanuts View Post
    We are currently testing our new build ready for September. Currently we have Office 2010 installed on Windows XP SP3 using SmartBoard SW V.10.6

We have noticed that in PowerPoint 2010 when you run the slideshow then annotate with the coloured pens on the powerpoint slide, when you move to the next slide and then return to any previous slide it isn't keeping what was previously written. This isn't an issue with PowerPoint 2007 - when you click back and forth between the slides what you have written remains.

Does anyone else have this issue with PowerPoint 2010? I am wondering whether SmartBoard are working on a version of their software which will work with PowerPoint 2010 and it isn't yet compatible.

Thank Post
    I have spoken with Smart, and no fix till Notebook 11 next year. I have 20 SmartBoards that won't work right if I upgrade to Office 2010! It's a shame we have to wait so long for updates, but it's the Smart way.

4. 4 Thanks to melancon:

AngryTechnician (3rd September 2010), john (3rd September 2010), Rick2134 (10th September 2010), ZeroHour (3rd September 2010)

Thank Post

Yes Smart is no so very.....

Quote Originally Posted by melancon View Post
    I have spoken with Smart, and no fix till Notebook 11 next year. I have 20 SmartBoards that won't work right if I upgrade to Office 2010! It's a shame we have to wait so long for updates, but it's the Smart way.
    We have abandoned their SMARTBOARDS but will stay with the Sympodiums. We reinstalled all our XP machines with MO 2007. XP will live forever

Thank Post
    I'm running Windows XP and the latest version of SMART Notebook and Response. I cannot import Power Point into SMART Notebook. Says I need Visual Basic for Applications. Anyone else having this problem? Where do I find Visual Basic?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fpbald View Post
    I'm running Windows XP and the latest version of SMART Notebook and Response. I cannot import Power Point into SMART Notebook. Says I need Visual Basic for Applications. Anyone else having this problem? Where do I find Visual Basic?
    January 2011 and still no solution for this problem????

dg

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 811 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grelld View Post
    January 2011 and still no solution for this problem????

dg
    Hi
    Does it mention a certain version of vb?
    It sounds like you need visual basic runtimes but they come in several versions.

Thank Post
    I've just had this problem also - the visual basic for apps error message that is. We have Win7, smartboard smart notebook software 10 and office 2010 prof. On my machine ok - can export from smart to ppt. on teachers pc gets the install visual basic for apps message. I have ms visual c++2008 installed and teacher has ms visual c++ 2010 installed. will have to try to uninstall the vb2010 and put on 2008 and see how it goes.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread