+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, truecrypt shortcup in Technical; Hi All I am busy looking at rolling truecrypt out to staff within school, got it all working on the ...

Thank Post

truecrypt shortcup

Hi All

I am busy looking at rolling truecrypt out to staff within school, got it all working on the network and the laptops etc, I have setup the memory sticks to run in traveller mode with an encrypted file just smaller than the memory stick and added the truecrypt files to the unencrypted part. If the staff member at home has the autorun enabled it loads asks for a password and runs ok, in school we have the autorun switched off. I had created batch files to automount and unmounts the volumes which worked ok for admin users but staff can’t run batch files so I created 2 shortcuts from the truecrypt.exe and added the switches i.e.

F:\TrueCrypt.exe" /q /e /m rm /v "volume" -- mount volume
    F:\TrueCrypt.exe /d /q -- unmount volume

which worked ok except when you use the memory stick in another computer it sometimes maps to a different drive letter

Question is there any way I can use the “target” and “start in” boxes within shortcut properties without having a drive letter ???

or is there another way to mount and unmount keeping it simple for staff

thanks

Paul

2. Thanks to ikmps from:

mats (23rd February 2012)

Thank Post
    Staff here just double click the encrypted file which opens truecrypt. All they need to do next is just click a drive letter and click mount.

Thank Post
    Hi Jobos

there is two problems all ready "click a drive letter and click mount" we are talking about staff :-)

i am trying to keep it as simple as possable also when the staff are at home it wont know the file type as truecrypt wont be installed

thanks

Thank Post
    I knew I should have documented how I did this...

Looking at the leftover files on my laptop, it looks like I created a batch file in the root of the drive that just begins TrueCrypt\TrueCrypt.exe (no drive letter) followed by the needed switches and then converted it to an exe using Bat_To_Exe_Converter from here. Called the exe "Mount TrueCrypt" and gave it a suitable icon.

I just renamed the drive letter and it seems to be fine - though I forgot the password I used...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread