+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Kiosk in Reception in Technical; For ages now we've had this internet Kiosk in reception with a touch screen and a mini HP machine with ...

Thank Post

Kiosk in Reception

For ages now we've had this internet Kiosk in reception with a touch screen and a mini HP machine with Windows XP Embedded running a basic web browser. We've swapped that mini HP machine with a full PC running Windows 7. The touch screen works great but does anyone know of any decent (hopefully free) software which would be useful to install.

I'd like to do things like allow people to sign in through it and contact staff to tell them their visitors have arrived as well as other fancy touch things. Does anyone have any good they do with devices like these - it's always been limited by the PC in the system but now we have 'real' machine powering it I feel like better things are within reach.

Thanks as always for any feedback!

Thank Post
    I watched an awesome video on Communications Server 14 that showed an application developed by Global Crossing which acted as a visitor security kiosk. It was awesome and I can't now find the video... try TechDays 2010: New Voice capabilities and infrastructure in Microsoft Communications Server "W14" | Media | TechNet Edge and TechDays 2010: Introduction to Microsoft Communications Server "W14" | Media | TechNet Edge (i don't currently have the bandwidth to check the vids)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread