+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, How do you implement ITILv3 as technical/non managerial person ? in Technical; ...

Thank Post

Question How do you implement ITILv3 as technical/non managerial person ?

Hi All,

I’d like to know if anyone can enjoy the benefits of understanding ITIL v3, in some of the Job advertisement for a system administrator and support engineer I read that some of them required the candidate to have ITILv3 certification?

So far my understanding is that ITIL is for management people not for the technical staff since it is talk about high level guideline only not a specific way to do things or best practice of what should be implemented.

Can anyone please shed some light or share your story in implementing ITIL in your workplace ?

Thanks.

Thank Post
    To an extent ITIL does need to be adopted at management level to make a real difference, that said I think it would benefit anyone involved in providing services because it helps you to work efficiently and logically and to review the way you work, it would also allow you to feed back to your managers who if they are any good should be open to sugestions about improving services.

3. Thanks to u8dmtm from:

albertwt (4th May 2010)

Thank Post
    thanks mate, i thought that this certification is not for technical person :-|
    glad to hear that everyone must also involved in this process, meaning that i should invest time in learning ITIL.

Thank Post
    Having just done the Foundation Cert I'd say it has benefits to anyone as the idea of keeping a Portfolio of services you offer, design and documentation, change management etc are all very useful practices and will help to improve the way you run your IT Services. There's a basic prep guide I was sent to read before my training, I won't post the link as it came from the training company but I think it's a generic guide from itSMF (who are behind the ITIL certs) and gives a good intro to the ideas behind ITIL...

6. Thanks to gshaw from:

albertwt (4th May 2010)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread