+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
How do you do....it? Thread, Equitrac - Printing in Technical; Originally Posted by MatthewL Thanks for all the replies I did get sorted in the end, the independent got back ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewL View Post
    Thanks for all the replies I did get sorted in the end, the independent got back to me, I have the software just need to have a play now.

Looks a good bit of software, just hope its what we want.
    Matthew- how did you get on with this?

it is a good piece of software from our experience.

we are big Equitrac users here, lots of MFDs and printers all being audited.

Thank Post
    To be honest I havent had the time to play with it yet. All seems good just need time to play more.

Thank Post
    Hi all, regarding Equitrac as discussed above. Yes it is a fantastic piece of software, I have personally installed this software in several schools and they have found it to be extremely useful especially in larger schools where the cost of software plus pcc's is recoverable over a period of time. I personally have found the external pcc's units with optional card readers etc to be more accurate when accounting. A few issues that I have come across over the last year or 2 are machines continuing to print even when account has hit £0.00 but this is not equiterac itself but third party software, hence preference to hard wired controllers.

Thank Post
    hi Marco,

yes, we had this problem also . usually there are settings per reader, we have it with our external (Mifare) card readers to block at zero for students.

more for matthew this info, if you use a "print release" station then it works fine.. you can configure as needed.
    (release station is basically a standalone PC for releasing prints securely).

Either method saves lots of money, paper, co2 etc stopping prints that you didn't need or print.

We reckon it saves our organisation about £80,000 per year now.

Thank Post
    hi cismconn couldnt agree more. Pcc software has a few issues which hopefully manufacturers will sort out! But hard wired versions I prefer although more costly.

Thank Post
    Equitrac looks good from what I have seen but the cost is alot more than what we are willing to spend at the moment.

Thank Post
    Hi MatthewL how many MFP's / Printers do you want Equitrac to monitor and account for? Are they Ricoh MFP's?

Thank Post
    They are not Ricoh and it could be up to 30 but it could be as less as 10!

Thank Post
    Hi Matthew, I'm sure you are aware that there are 2 versions of Equitrac, a sort of lighter version which will manage up to 10 MFPs and then the "full" version which is unlimited mfps, If you know in the near future you are going to be adding more mfps to the network then the "full version" would be the obvious choice. Will you be using card readers or pin entry on the stations as this can affect cost? If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Thank Post
    Cheers for that pern2808.

Thank Post
    not sure about the 10 mfps/ unlimited as you describe it Marco. we certainly have ordered it a different way over the last 2-3 years.

we have Equitrac Express (the "lighter" version presume you are referring to) and have happily added licenses as and when required for things like 10 additional MFPS for our particular manufacturer (ricoh).

equally could have been canon, sharp or whatever.

also as and when we have added:-

more Windows print servers
    more printers (100 per server license, totalled up)
    clustering support
    release stations for plotters

Matthew, best to work out what you want... just install single equitrac server & print queues to test?

or look at other solutions if cheaper or fit better... Pharos, GPAS, PCounter etc... all pretty similar.
    Last edited by cismconn; 1st July 2010 at 04:24 PM.

Thank Post
    A bit of information about Pcounter:

Pcounter is licensed on a per server basis - Unlimited Users and devices.
    It also includes departmental accounting as part of the core license so no hidden costs!

For copier control it's can embed onto Sharp, Xerox, HP, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, Toshiba and plans for OCE and Ollivetti.
    Alternatively it can use an external copy controller with Mifare + Magstripe as standard for any device.

It's now also got Biometric support on some solutions!

If you are considering Equitrac and think it's a high cost, then compare the functionality and costs - you should get a pleasant surprise!

FYI: GPAS is no longer sold to new sites.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David_PCN View Post
    A bit of information about Pcounter:

Pcounter is licensed on a per server basis - Unlimited Users and devices.
    It also includes departmental accounting as part of the core license so no hidden costs!

For copier control it's can embed onto Sharp, Xerox, HP, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, Toshiba and plans for OCE and Ollivetti.
    Alternatively it can use an external copy controller with Mifare + Magstripe as standard for any device.

It's now also got Biometric support on some solutions!

If you are considering Equitrac and think it's a high cost, then compare the functionality and costs - you should get a pleasant surprise!

FYI: GPAS is no longer sold to new sites.
    correct me if I am wrong but from what I can gather Ricoh have done testing with pcounter and there copiers etc and afaik do not support it because it is such a pita to get working with Ricoh devices - on the other hand although more expensive equitrac just works, yes it does have problems from time to time but they are resolvable by equitrac trained engineers

Thank Post
    It's not difficult to configure, most important is the firmware but with the newer devices much simpler. If you'd like to quote model numbers I can confirm support.

Copier manufacturers do tend to veer towards one of the software solutions for various reasons, some veer towards Pcounter with their comments and testing also, others to alternative solutions as noted above.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    ... on the other hand although more expensive equitrac just works, yes it does have problems from time to time but they are resolvable by equitrac trained engineers

Not in our experience. We've had a managed Ricoh / Equitrac Express 3 solution for the last four years. While initially it was fine, over the last academic year it's got increasingly unstable and the perception we have is that Ricoh appear to be more interested in invoicing and less in actually supporting us and sorting the issues out.

While I don't doubt Equitrac is a fine solution, from our current position it's looking a bit jaded - possibly this is as a result of Ricoh's lack of support for it and us I admit but as a consequence we're considering moving away when the contract is up in February next year.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast