+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
How do you do....it? Thread, Inform Pupils about printer credits in Technical; but will this work with print manager plus version 4?...
    Thank Post
    but will this work with print manager plus version 4?

Thank Post
    We use PaperCutNG and this comes with a self-service web portal for pupils which can be accessed by a small popup utility from their desktop when they log on.
    It is very cool - discreet app, nice design and clearly shows number of credits left without any need to click through.

Thank Post
    If the POP-ups do not work well. Try adding exceptions to the local firewall(s)
    we need ports 445,48100 and 48101 to be open.
    This must be set on both the server and the client.

Thank Post
    I have the ports open on the server firewall and the client but now the client print manager is not showing any details were as before it was contacting server?

Thank Post
    I see that you are on PMP version 4 may not work with this POP-up client it is 6 years old.

this older client may work...

Workstations are not receiving low balance or restriction popups from Print Manager Plus
    Issue
    Print Manager Plus can use two methods to send out this popup. It can either use the Messenger service, or the End User Inquiry Tool

Solution
    Using the End User Inquiry Tool with Print Manager Plus:

The recommended method of sending notifications to end users with Print Manager Plus, is to use the End User Inquiry Tool and is a free add-on for the product

This tool can be installed on Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/MacOSX and will popup a window when a user's job has been restricted, paused or their balance is low. The Window version also allows them to click on the tool in the task tray to see their current balance.

Print Manager Plus 6.0/2008 - End User Inquiry Tool

Print Manager Plus 6.0/2008 - End User Inquiry Tool - Mac Version (Popups Only)

Using the Windows Messenger Service with Print Manager Plus:

If you are unable to install the End User Inquiry, Popups can still be sent to workstation using the Net Send Messenger service.

This service needs to be enabled and started on the Workstation and the Print Server. In addition to this, NetBIOS over TCP/IP needs to be enabled for this Windows service to function correctly.

To Enable this Service: Open Services within Administrative Tools and Locate the service named Messenger. Go to the properties of the service, and set it to 'Automatic' startup and then start the Service.

This service can also be set to startup automatically by Domain or OU using Domain Policies, please refer to Microsoft Documentation on globally enabling services.

Currently Macintosh, Linux and Unix do not support receiving Net Send messages.
    http://downloads.softwareshelf.com/p...8/PMP_EUIT.MSI

6. Thanks to SSI_support from:

Aaron (28th April 2010)

Thank Post
    Thank you for all your help really is appreaciated i think what may be best is as you said this is a really old version of print manager plus so i am going to order the newest version so that i can get the icon that students can just either hover over or click on to view credits this would be better than sending a net send message

Thank Post
    I have just bought the new version of the software and seems to work great although when i try to push the client out to all the workstations it pops up very quickly but doesnt seem to install i have set Client8.0.133.90_En_EUIT under GPO to install as an .msi and the package is only around 520kb but cant understand why its not installing on the workstations can anyone help with this please

Thank Post
    Aaron-

Thanks for the news. This should work easily. Have you restarted any workstation and logged in first?

Thank Post
    Hi Yes i have allocated the software and restarted the machines then i have logged on but cant see the software installed, it works fine if i manually install the program but was hoping to push it out through GPO

Thank Post
    I do not support Group Policy, but Here is the article I would use.

How to use Group Policy to remotely install software in Windows Server 2003

12. Thanks to SSI_support from:

Aaron (4th May 2010)

Thank Post
    Thank you seemed to be a problem with me just clicking on the location instead of typeing the location in but it works a treat now install on an ict suite. Although the problem i am having now is that some users are coming up as unknown user with printed pages not tracked and account balance unlimited. Although i have checked to make sure that there account details are in the print manager plus administration and they are. any ideas why this may happen it seems only to be happeing to some people not everyone.

I did need to go into the print manage plus administration and select location of users again and it seemed to pull in the missing users but still doesnt bring up account details for them on the client side.

Thank Post
    Got it sorted sorry needed to update software and administration software then restart the service and it seems to be working fine now thank you for all your help

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12