+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, live@edu locked out !? in Technical; Something has happened and I cannot login to eduadmin.live.com with any of the accounts I have created and assigened as ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

live@edu locked out !?

Something has happened and I cannot login to eduadmin.live.com with any of the accounts I have created and assigened as Administrator role to.

When I try to login with the username and passwords, it accepts the passwords, but then says I need to enrol ?

When I go back to enrol, it says that my domain is already enrolled (which is correct)

Any Idea what might have happened and how I can get back in?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I have just been onto domains.live.com and It seems that are wanting us to confirm ownership of our domain again, but are wanting us to change the MX to a .hotmail.com address rather than a .outlook.com address like we did before..

Is this usual? If I change the MX to a .hotmail.com will we still be part of live@edu ???

Thank Post
    Hi RabbieBurns,

It could be that the Edu Team are uncertain if you are an educational establishment and have therefore declined your enrolment and transferred you to the Live Mail program provided by Live Domains.

We had a similar problem but after a support call to the team so that they could verify our existence / identification, we were back online.

I wouldn't change any more settings at the moment but send an e-mail ASAP and you should get a reply possibly even tonight? I have had communications with them during a weekend so they are VERY good!!

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted and will help where possible! :-)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RSoP_Robbers View Post
    Hi RabbieBurns,

It could be that the Edu Team are uncertain if you are an educational establishment and have therefore declined your enrolment and transferred you to the Live Mail program provided by Live Domains.

We had a similar problem but after a support call to the team so that they could verify our existence / identification, we were back online.

I wouldn't change any more settings at the moment but send an e-mail ASAP and you should get a reply possibly even tonight? I have had communications with them during a weekend so they are VERY good!!

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted and will help where possible! :-)
    It was its a .edu.au domain so I hope thats not the case.. Its been active for about a month now so Id hope they just wouldnt just change it for us.

Been on the email support with them all weekend, but only really getting canned responses from them so far..

Thank Post
    Yikes....

Keep on with the support e-mails and I will see if I can dig out the details of who we dealt with. There was a few of us involved so I may have to e-mail round.

Keep me posted! They are quite good!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Have you tried calling them?
    I managed to lock myself out of our google domain, once I found our support contract number I just called them up and they reset it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    OK, It seems that accidently deleting the administrator account used to set up the live@edu is not such a wise move!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    OK, It seems that accidently deleting the administrator account used to set up the live@edu is not such a wise move!!
    Whoops! did you only have the one admin account, or did you have several - I'm thinking I might need to set myself up another one just in case.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Apparently they have protocol in place to stop you deleting your "last" admin account. So if you only have one, you cannot delete it.

As I had more than one, I was able to delete the Master one, and the protocol allowed it as it wasnt the last.

It seems that me deleting the master one by accident, caused all sorts of issues ane eventually left us un-enrolled for live@edu.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread