+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, WebDAV question in Technical; I have a question on WebDAV as we are starting to attempt to use it to allow staff & students ...
    Thank Post

WebDAV question

I have a question on WebDAV as we are starting to attempt to use it to allow staff & students access to their home files from home. The question I have is how do I allow access to internal network shares through the WebDAV server. I have managed to access local folders using the web sharing tab that comes up on folder properties, but I don't know how to allow access to a folder on another server, for example "\\server1\share"

Also, how would I allow staff and students to gain access to their user areas but not other peoples, we have a share set up that has all the user areas in for staff and one set up for user areas for students.

Thanks

Thank Post
    i looked in to this not long ago, i had the same problems but also found out its not as stable on up loading big files. to meet the required standards we had to ssl the connection as well as force user name and password every 10 min, to stay in keep with our county's data access policy. i dropped it in the end.. looking to do remote access for teachers.. and no access for students for now, But i might do a web interface to allow them access too the folders.. there home drive only.. and limit time and the have access to it, but that's me... good luck in your quest..

of interest:
    Mapping a Windows Drive to a WebDAV server
    Map WebDAV Drive (this worked well for me)

3. Thanks to Cools from:

dezt (2nd March 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanks for those 2 links, something I may have not been clear on is i'm trying to set up a folder in iis that is accessable through webdav, but the folder is not on the local server, it is located on a different server, how would i set that up.

for example, webdav server = webdav, shares i want to access are on server01.

is there a way i can allow the shares on server01 to be accessed through the webdav server by mapping a drive to
    Code:
    https://webdav/share
    but if i was to access the share within the local network i would be mapping
    Code:
    \\server01\share
    If you see what I mean, or do all the shares have to be on the local server webdav to be able to connect to them using
    Code:
    https://webdav/share

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread