How do you do....it? Thread, live@edu in Technical; Still going on our site, just logged in with a test account and also seen a student online. Try these ...
11th February 2011, 11:39 AM #121
Still going on our site, just logged in with a test account and also seen a student online. Try these steps to make sure all is OK...
- check no-one has enabled co-branding as this interfered with my login flow (not sure if the bug was fixed but haven't wanted to try and find out!)
- check that your AppID is still correct and alive
- create a new account on Live@Edu and Moodle and see if that signs in correctly
I know MS are doing upgrades on the infrastructure at the moment so it's possible it may have broke something, it's happened before with similar errors to what you're experiencing
Thanks to gshaw from:
RabbieBurns (11th February 2011)
IDG Tech News
11th February 2011, 12:40 PM #122
I dont have access to moodle its run by a compltetly different department from IT.
Co-branding was enabled at day 1 and has been working flawlessly.
The thing is, when we first installed the plugin I had to hack a piece of php of the plugin to get it to work with our moodle. Im just wondering if oiur moodle guys have maybe upgraded / reinstalled moodle or somehitng and havent re-hacked this bit of code.
Also, is there a new plugin? It seems they might have upgraded it in the last few months?
Im not sure what the AppID is though?
14th February 2011, 04:45 AM #123
seems there is a whole bunch of accounts in moodle that dont have the MSN ID setting populated in their moodle profile..
30th March 2011, 05:39 AM #124
has anyone that is using the live@edu plugin with moodle on linux upraded to php 5.3 and managed to get the plugin working?
30th March 2011, 05:47 AM #125
Which php 5.3.x are you using?
30th March 2011, 10:39 AM #126
PHP 5.3 works fine with it, in fact at one point it needed 5.3 or later to work but works OK on 5.2.5 which is what we have at the moment.
Are all the PHP required modules enabled (curl, mhash etc?)
30th March 2011, 10:59 AM #127
are you sure 5.3 works? From research today it shows that mhash was removed from php 5.3 PHP: PHP 5.3.0 Release Announcement
The issue was that after clicking the outlook live button in moodle, and then taking you to the live.com login page, it would then return to moodle a login unsuccessful which would display an error from moodle about login failed. (see attached) moodlelivefail.png
Removed the following extensions: ext/mhash (see ext/hash), ...
Its frustrating that our moodle is outsourced. They are blaming the upgrade to php 5.3 for breaking it, and whinging for microsoft not supporting an open source project (MS is focussed on 365 now and has no interest in the old plugin). Why they even went live with a php upgrade, without testing it with everything in the first place is beyond me.
edit: also, what ramifications does the URL changes have to the plugin?
30th March 2011, 11:51 AM #128
Why not give up on all this integration stuff and just do normal single sign on with a web page button?
30th March 2011, 11:55 AM #129
because that requires logging into live@edu which then also single sign on's them into moodle. It requres changing moodle to use live@edu as its authenticator.
Not all of our users use live@edu, but they all use moodle, so theres no way that would work.
4th April 2011, 02:12 PM #130
Possibly unrelated, however i had an issue with logging in to live@edu from my phone at the weekend. It was working one minute and then not the next. I thought it might have been the changes that were advertised quite some time ago, that involved alterations to the URLs and links. Could these have an impact?
I did a bit of searching and found one workaround was to login to the website manually, then take the domain specified there and copy it to the server setting on phone. This i did, changing from pod51002 to amrpd002 or something like that. Then it suddenly started working again. However the other users of phone synch didn't get this, so it's probably just a glitchy little thing. May be of interest though.
5th April 2011, 10:22 AM #131
Because it's a backwards way of doing things, whatever platform we run it should be integrated as part of a single portal. As a user I expect all my information to be in one place and not have to bounce off to multiple websites \ authentication pages to get to things. Takes a lot more effort on the back end but it's a much smoother user experience when done right.
Originally Posted by zag
Thanks to gshaw from:
RabbieBurns (5th April 2011)
10th April 2011, 07:59 PM #132
FYI - If you don't know already.
A configuration change is coming to Outlook Live
In April 2011, we will begin upgrading Live@edu Outlook Live customers from the current email filtering platform to Forefront Online Protection for Exchange (FOPE). FOPE is a hosted service that helps protect inbound and outbound email from spam, phishing scams and email policy violations. It provides administrators with much greater flexibility and control than the current system, including the ability to safelist an IP address range (CIDR) and set up encrypted TLS connections. There is no impact on end users during this upgrade, and administrators do not need to take any action to prepare for the upgrade. After the move to FOPE is complete, your IP filtering administrative experience changes and much more functionality is available.
Domains that are upgraded to FOPE will receive all features, except those that are specific to on-premises deployments, such as configuration of domains or adding users, which are not available to hosted domains. For more information about FOPE and how to manage and configure settings, please see the following resources:
• Complete documentation: FOPE User Guide
• An entire set of 32 videos including 4 introductory videos for FOPE.
This is what you can expect for the upgrade schedule:
• Customers must first be moved to the Outlook Live service update to become eligible for upgrade to FOPE. If you have already upgraded to this platform or on-boarded directly to this platform, we will inform you before we upgrade you to FOPE.
• If your domain is not yet upgraded to the latest service update, we will notify you when that update is scheduled and you can expect upgrade to FOPE to follow after your Outlook Live upgrade is complete. We will also notify you before we start the upgrade to FOPE.
• If your email filtering system has already been moved to FOPE as part of an early adopter programme, we will modify your user interface to provide access to the FOPE admin centre after your upgrade to the Outlook Live service update is complete.
• Not all customers will meet the upgrade criteria at this time. The following configurations will prevent simple upgrade to FOPE:
º Skiplisting is in place. This means that you have added IP address entries to the gateway server field in SMP. For more information about this scenario, please see the help topic IP Safelisting for Mail Delivery and Relay.
º More than 40 IP addresses are safelisted in SMP. Our standard upgrade process can only support up to 40 IP address entries. Manual setup is required to preserve the current settings.
º A shared address space configuration where MX records do not resolve to Outlook Live.
• We will follow up with these customers as they are identified to process a manual upgrade. Please see the help topic IP Safelisting for Mail Delivery and Relay for more information about safelisting configuration. You may be able to make modifications to your configuration to meet migration criteria.
• Although you must upgrade to FOPE, you may choose to delay the upgrade when you receive notification that your domain is scheduled. All upgrades must be completed by 1 November 2011.
This is what you can expect during the upgrade process:
• You will receive an email notification about one week before your specific upgrade is scheduled to start. You can delay the upgrade to FOPE at that time by contacting Live@edu Support within 3 business days. You will be expected to identify an acceptable timeframe for your upgrade when you contact Support. All upgrades to FOPE must be completed by 1 November 2011.
• During the upgrade period you will not be able to update safelists and the SMP user interface for configuring safelists will be disabled.
• The upgrade process will sync your domain information, currently safelisted IP addresses and administrator account information to FOPE. This step enables outbound mail flow through FOPE. After this step has been completed successfully, we update DNS records to enable inbound mail flow through FOPE and send an email message to verify that all operations were successful. These steps are timed carefully to ensure that there is no disruption to mail flow.
• We will notify you by email after all the upgrade steps have been completed. All safelist configurations will now be done in the FOPE administration centre, which can be accessed through single sign-on from ECP or from SMP.
Live@edu FOPE upgrade team
Support Contact Info
0800 917 7708 - English
Phone Support Hours
Have questions? Get answers.
Visit Live@edu Answers
© 2011 | Microsoft Corporation One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052-6399
Thanks to sukh from:
RabbieBurns (13th April 2011)
13th April 2011, 04:04 AM #133
also a quick question, has the co-branding broken for anyone else? Our custom logo etc is not displaying, and it looks like the actual real-estate space available for a logo has decreased considerably.
Ive got a case open with MS at the moment, and they are still unsure if it is a bug, or a change in the features.. Frustrating..
13th April 2011, 09:47 AM #134
I didn't dare turn co-branding back on after it broke the login flow for the Moodle plugin a while back, for the sake of a tiny logo in the corner it wasn't worth the risk :P
13th April 2011, 11:26 AM #135
its more than a tiny logo in the corner, its the whole theme of outlook live. Like the themes in OWA 2010 SP1 for example, but you have your own custom built one.
We paid a design company a lot of money to design ours, so we are kinda keen to get it back working
By binky in forum General Chat
Last Post: 9th November 2009, 10:39 PM
By NewOrder in forum Virtual Learning Platforms
Last Post: 28th July 2009, 04:39 PM
By niko007 in forum Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Last Post: 8th June 2009, 05:15 PM
By ICT_GUY in forum General Chat
Last Post: 5th September 2007, 08:17 AM
By russdev in forum Windows
Last Post: 2nd November 2005, 01:15 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)