+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
How do you do....it? Thread, live@edu in Technical; Yep i've got a case logged Its just been escalted to the senior support team! Rabbie you are yours set ...

Thank Post
    Yep i've got a case logged Its just been escalted to the senior support team! Rabbie you are yours set to determined with extension rules on both the hosted and onpremises?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    no actually, on the OnPremise its set to Make them Disconnectors.. Sorry i only checked the hosted the last time.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I disabled some accounts yesterday and Ive just checked (using the get-mailbox cmdlet) and its still showing a mailbox.

After how long being disabled were the mailboxes deleted?

Thank Post
    the mailboxes were deleted straight away!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Apologies guys, it is possible, but only under certain strict conditions. Don't know how yours is automated staylor1972, but i guess it uses the permanent thingy. Also, it appears it only works on R4 (which i'm guessing is the current upgrade process all mailboxes are going through.)

EDIT: http://outlookliveanswers.com/forums/p/2243/7662.aspx
    Last edited by vikpaw; 3rd February 2011 at 11:39 AM. Reason: add link

Thank Post
    Tried disabling a test account with ILM running too, the mailbox remains active and is not deleted.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the replies guys - something strange going on! - so you've all got the deprovisioning settings set to detemind with rules extension on the hosted and on premise agents?

Just as a matter of interest how often to you guys run the startsync script?? ours has been scheduled to run every 30 mins from 8 till 8.

Thank Post
    whoops, there was supposed to be a link in that post!

Backup or restore options for Live Users - Outlook Live Answers

just edit it now as well.

p.s. we don't use the system actively, i've just put around 10 test users on there, via csv, for playing around with, only 3 actively use it.

Live is set up with a new domain, and the current domain hosted in school is added as an additional one. So i redirect all my mail to the live servers and can pick it up on my iphone without having the hassle of the NM allowing me in from outside past cisco, firewall, proxy.

With current domain as added additional one, i can get all replies to the school server and it gives me that as my reply-to address so no-one knows i'm using the live service.
    Last edited by vikpaw; 3rd February 2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: addition

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by staylor1972 View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys - something strange going on! - so you've all got the deprovisioning settings set to detemind with rules extension on the hosted and on premise agents?

Just as a matter of interest how often to you guys run the startsync script?? ours has been scheduled to run every 30 mins from 8 till 8.
    just the default 2 hours.. but no, ctually, on the OnPremise its set to Make them Disconnectors.. Sorry i only checked the hosted the last time.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @staylor1972:

If you open ILM and click on Tools -> Metaverse Designer

then Actions -> Configure Object Deletion Rule

What is it set to just now?

Ours is set to the top option, "Delete metaverse object when last connector is disconnected"

However, once we want to start having ILM replicate deleted AD accounts, we change to the middle option "Delete metaverse object when connector from this management agent is disconnected" and change the drop down to OnPremise..

Thank Post
    Hi all

I have a few questions that maybe some of you can answer - firstly if you havent seen it i have a thread here asking for advice on distribution lists Live@Edu distribution and address lists

I also have some specific questions that some of you may be able to answer...

- Seperating Staff and Pupil mail, i have read that a subdomain is no good for this as pupils will still be able to see staff on the GAL. Apparently you need a new domain for the pupils and then set mailbox as the disabled view option so they cant see any GALs. Then you add external contact lists for the pupil emails onto the staff domain setup? Is this correct? i want Staff to see all GALs but pupils to not see any. Current domain is staffnumber@schoolname.co.uk whereas a new one for pupils would be pupilnumber@schoolnamepupils.co.uk. I had tried adding a new domain of pupils.schoolname.co.uk but imy domain provider said that would be a subdomain and therefore wouldnt work how i wanted it. How have people here done it?

- AD population, we dont have any onsite exchange etc we currently use a web based email client. So in AD none of the users have populated email addresses. To import test accounts i exported user details into correct format and also added my own column for Email and using the concatenate formula in Excel created email address along the lines of JSmith@schoolname.co.uk. I then imported them fine - now thats fine and worked well but in future i would like to use ILM and Olsync. But as AD isnt populated with staff email addresses i think ill have a problem. Is there an easy way of populating AD with email addresses from live@edu or a csv file? Stuart on the other thread mentioned dsmod as a way to do it?

Im also looking at adding a cname alias so that when going to mail.schoolname.co.uk it directs you to outlook.com for the sign in. It seems though that this cannot be customised at all and only option is to setup a SSO page you can customise. Has anyone got around this or am i stuck with the boring outlook.com sign in page?!?

Thanks
    James

Thank Post
    On the latter two points, the dsmod command or other tools out there will populate AD with whatever you need.

As for the cname, the live@edu setup instructions just tell you how to put in the redirect for mail.schoolname.co.uk. Not sure customisation is possible, at least not easily. You can customise stuff in the site once logged in. At the moment for test users i'd told people if they forget the new domain, to go to hotmail and it just works. Also on logout, it takes them to our school website. There must be an api of somesort that will let you create a custom interface and log into hotmail/live@edu through your own page.

All the guides i've read, do examples using subdomains. Is pupils seeing staff a problem? Our staff emails are fairly public / easily predicted, so it's not much benefit blocking the address list.

13. Thanks to vikpaw from:

mcnallyfc (9th February 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    On the latter two points, the dsmod command or other tools out there will populate AD with whatever you need.

As for the cname, the live@edu setup instructions just tell you how to put in the redirect for mail.schoolname.co.uk. Not sure customisation is possible, at least not easily. You can customise stuff in the site once logged in. At the moment for test users i'd told people if they forget the new domain, to go to hotmail and it just works. Also on logout, it takes them to our school website. There must be an api of somesort that will let you create a custom interface and log into hotmail/live@edu through your own page.

All the guides i've read, do examples using subdomains. Is pupils seeing staff a problem? Our staff emails are fairly public / easily predicted, so it's not much benefit blocking the address list.
    That last point made me think a bit, tested it as student and current email system allows pupils full access to staff lists and addresses so in reality there may be no need to seperate them.

I will look into dsmod for the AD population

Thank Post
    There are lots of other commands like that dsadd, dsquery to extract info out, see this although it's for 2003 : How To Use the Directory Service Command-Line Tools to Manage Active Directory Objects in Windows Server 2003
    Also, over xmas i was playing with PowerShell to do some stuff as well, so it's worth getting to grips with that. Needed it to change the reply-to address on some mailboxes.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    had a whole bunch of students come to us today that the live@edu plugin for moodle has stopped working. It takes them to the live@edu login page, but then doesnt take them back to moodle, it presents some moodle page about the liveid not being found or something..

Is anynoe else experiencing this issue, or has our moodle admin been messing with things (moodle etc is a diff dept to IT)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast