+ Post New Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
How do you do....it? Thread, live@edu in Technical; Originally Posted by plexer @ jamesbmarshall it needs full blown SQL server? Yes, as per Hardware and Software Requirements...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    @jamesbmarshall it needs full blown SQL server?
    Yes, as per Hardware and Software Requirements

Thank Post
    Did anyone catch the Webcast on Migrating to Live@edu and Office 365 for education?

MigrationWiz was mentioned as a partner with software to help with live@edu migration. I trailed the Mail Migration feature and it works well MigrationWiz - Complete cloud-based mailbox migration solution for Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Exchange Online , Office 365, Novell GroupWise, Lotus, Notes, Google Apps/Gmail, VMware Zimbra, IMAP and POP systems

They have a nice looking AD sync tool as well, which is part of the MigrationWiz licence Introducing MigrationWiz AD to Office 365 DirSync Tool « MigrationWiz Blog

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drewp View Post
    Did anyone catch the Webcast on Migrating to Live@edu and Office 365 for education?

MigrationWiz was mentioned as a partner with software to help with live@edu migration. I trailed the Mail Migration feature and it works well MigrationWiz - Complete cloud-based mailbox migration solution for Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Exchange Online , Office 365, Novell GroupWise, Lotus, Notes, Google Apps/Gmail, VMware Zimbra, IMAP and POP systems

They have a nice looking AD sync tool as well, which is part of the MigrationWiz licence Introducing MigrationWiz AD to Office 365 DirSync Tool « MigrationWiz Blog
    I did the migration last year, it was a simple case of logging onto outlook and moving peoples emails.

It worked really well as we had to reconfigure the client for people anyway.

Did it in 2 days for all the teachers.

Thank Post
    I've found another tool called EasySync think they charge £500 for a licence and it'll automatically sync AD and passwords. Does MigrationWiz do the same job or is it purely a tool for migrating existing mailboxes to the cloud?

I'm guessing we have to pay for use of the tool?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,472 Posts
    As live@edu is becoming Office 365 for education will it be possible to use this in the future:

Office 365 DirSync (x64) Installation Walkthrough « Mike Crowley's Whiteboard

???

Seems as though Office 365 supports sql express for the sync tool.

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    As live@edu is becoming Office 365 for education will it be possible to use this in the future:

Office 365 DirSync (x64) Installation Walkthrough « Mike Crowley's Whiteboard
    Yes - DirSync is supported in Office 365. Existing Live@edu customers will be able to use it once they've transitioned to Office 365 for education.

Thank Post
    MigrationWiz only does mailbox migration but they will give you the DirSync when you purchase the MigrationWiz licences, won’t sync AD passwords.

I have been looking at the IMAP migration option in the live@edu control panel, I think it will achieve the same goal, but have not tested it out yet.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by drewp View Post
    I have been looking at the IMAP migration option in the live@edu control panel, I think it will achieve the same goal, but have not tested it out yet.
    The IMAP tool will only allow you to migrate mail items - nothing else. You can achieve password syncing in Live@edu using PCNS with FIM 2010. Password syncing isn't part of Office 365 though - in order to get a single identity (and single sign-on), you'll need to look at federation using something like AD FS or Shibboleth.

Thank Post
    Hi James,

Was going to set this up as a separate thread but seeing as you've posted recently might as well add here... will we ever see a Recycle Bin function in SkyDrive?

We've experienced a few students accidentally deleting items and it seems a big feature that needs addressing (seems odd to have version control yet no accidental deletion recovery?) Even if the recycle bin was only for 30 days (or even 7 days) it'd be better than the current point of no return (lack of drag and drop to move files about doesn't help imo)

What with Windows 8 making it a core feature surely this will only get worse over time unless there's some way back from the big red button?

Also what's the deal with SkyDrive on Office 365? Originally I believed Sharepoint would replace it but I read somewhere SkyDrive is an optional component you can use with 365... if so how does this work with ADFS?
    Last edited by gshaw; 7th March 2012 at 05:29 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gshaw View Post
    Hi James,

Was going to set this up as a separate thread but seeing as you've posted recently might as well add here... will we ever see a Recycle Bin function in SkyDrive?

We've experienced a few students accidentally deleting items and it seems a big feature that needs addressing (seems odd to have version control yet no accidental deletion recovery?) Even if the recycle bin was only for 30 days (or even 7 days) it'd be better than the current point of no return (lack of drag and drop to move files about doesn't help imo)

What with Windows 8 making it a core feature surely this will only get worse over time unless there's some way back from the big red button?
    All good points - but with respect to the roadmap for SkyDrive and Windows 8 I know you'll understand when I say that I can't comment at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by gshaw View Post
    Also what's the deal with SkyDrive on Office 365? Originally I believed Sharepoint would replace it but I read somewhere SkyDrive is an optional component you can use with 365... if so how does this work with ADFS?
    SharePoint Online is replacing the SkyDrive functionality of Live@edu in Office 365 for education - while SkyDrive doesn't go away as a service (it's a free consumer service, after all), it isn't part of Office 365.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbmarshall View Post
    SharePoint Online is replacing the SkyDrive functionality of Live@edu in Office 365 for education - while SkyDrive doesn't go away as a service (it's a free consumer service, after all), it isn't part of Office 365.
    Hi James,

Does that mean that SharePoint Online will be provided to all the users in Office 365 for education with no licencing costs?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ive discovered a problem with my live@edu / ILM implementation and Im not entirely sure how to fix it.

Checking the logs of recent syncs, there is about 10 staff accounts who are not being created properly. We use OnPremise Exchange for the staff, and only use ILM to create them as MailUser with their OnPremise email address as their Live ID, we dont create them a MailBox.

The error in the logs is this:

Code:
    Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.ExtensibleExtensionException: Windows Live ID "teachersname@domain.state.edu.au" already exists as an EASI ID. To import the Windows Live ID, use the ImportLiveID parameter. To evict the Windows Live ID, use the EvictLiveID parameter.
       at Microsoft.Exchange.XmaConnector.XmaExceptionManager.ReportErrorToILM(String errorMessage, ILMExceptionType errorType, XmaErrorCategory errorCategory)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.XmaConnector.MAExtension.IlmMAExtension.ExportEntry(ModificationType modificationType, String[] changedAttributes, CSEntry csentry)
    Out of about 600 staff which have been created as MailUser, there is about 10 that have this error.

Im hoping someone like @jamesbmarshall might please be able to help

Thank Post
    Looks like those 10 accounts have already associated their email address with a Windows Live ID using EASI ID (not unusual, you can associate any email address with a WLID). You'll need to import them.

Import or Evict Existing Windows Live IDs in Live@edu

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks. I did come accross that page but it talks about New-MailBox and these are just to be MailUser I wasnt sure if it would be the same.

So would I run something like:

Code:
    new-mailuser -Name $this_name -WindowsLiveID $this_liveID -ExternalEmailAddress $this_externalEmailAddress -Password $this_password -FirstName $this_firstname -LastName $this_lastname  -DisplayName $this_displayname -ImportLiveId
    Incidentally, Ive found that when I create MailUser manually, that PasswordSync doesnt seem to work for these ones?

Thank Post
    hello

silly question, is it possible just to use the sky drive and the remote apps side of thing with Live@edu? we have our own exchange for all students and staff but like the sound of the skydrive and remote apps.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread