+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, What Yearbook software does your school use? in Technical; The person in charge of yearbook at our high school told me that the publishing company they use prefer that ...

Thank Post

What Yearbook software does your school use?

The person in charge of yearbook at our high school told me that the publishing company they use prefer that they use Adobe Indesign. I'm not familiar with design software and licensing concerning Adobe software so I thought I should get some more input from people here.

We're located in California, USA and I was told the retail price at Adobe's site for Adobe Indesign is about $500 and the listed academic price is $400 but I checked some popular software resellers like CDW and the academic price seems to be about $200 which is more workable for us.

We're only looking for about 5 licenses.

Is Adobe Indesign an ideal software to use for yearbook design and what kind of prices should we be expecting? What are the alternatives to Indesign or is that the defacto standard?

Thank Post

Thank Post
    I don't think that company will do service with schools in the US. All their customers appear to be in the UK.

Thank Post
    Hi binky do you recommend these guys? good quality?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Jostens - School Yearbooks, Class Rings, Photo Books & Graduation Gifts

Our MS uses this site for their yearbook creation. Teacher and students seem to like it.

Thank Post
    We use Lifetouch for our yearbooks (Lifetouch Yearbooks ? Elementary, Middle and High School Yearbooks). While I think Lifetouch has an option where you can use Adobe Indesign, as part of the contract we signed for printing the yearbooks, Lifetouch gives us access to an online SAAS yearbook design application (WebEase). It works quite well for us. One of the best benefits of the online application (in addition to having no license costs) is that authorized students/teachers can work on the yearbook from anywhere.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RallyTech View Post
    The person in charge of yearbook at our high school told me that the publishing company they use prefer that they use Adobe Indesign. I'm not familiar with design software and licensing concerning Adobe software so I thought I should get some more input from people here.

We're located in California, USA and I was told the retail price at Adobe's site for Adobe Indesign is about $500 and the listed academic price is $400 but I checked some popular software resellers like CDW and the academic price seems to be about $200 which is more workable for us.

We're only looking for about 5 licenses.

Is Adobe Indesign an ideal software to use for yearbook design and what kind of prices should we be expecting? What are the alternatives to Indesign or is that the defacto standard?
    Yes, Indesign is a fantastic desktop publishing application (Speaking from first hand experience) and there is a reason your publishing company recommends it. As for pricing have you checked with adobe for their pricing since they may be able to do additional deals (and they do site/network licensing deals as well).

Also i recommended looking at their packages instead of getting single applications because you will also want a good photo editing package when you are doing the year book so i recommend checking out the adobe suites/packs, I believe the one that would intrest you is called the "creative design suite" these days which from memory has photoshop, indesign, illustrator and bridge.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread