+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Install components on EduGeek Joomla Remote Site in Technical; Working in the SWGfL area I have one EduGeek joomla site up and running, at my other school I had ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Install components on EduGeek Joomla Remote Site

Working in the SWGfL area I have one EduGeek joomla site up and running, at my other school I had problems with the site; completely messed the folder permissions up broke the site.

Ran up a new site on localhost then found that because the Plesk version used by SWGfL on their linux servers won't allow unzipping I have ended up installing a new site.

I'm now rebuilding the site but now find that I can't upgrade from 1.5.8 to 1.5.15 stable package - the upload just fails on FTP plus it refuses to allow me to install new compnents, packages and plug ins - JoomlaPack, it's plug in, JCE Editor and it's Plug in and Docman was what I wanted to have there but every time I try either out of the Temp folder or with a zip it comes up failed to move folder.

Is this a permissions thing/ If so what is it that I need to set and where please?

Thank Post
    Have you checked permissions under the system status in Joomla?

3. Thanks to Edu-IT from:

speckytecky (16th February 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the reply Edu-It,

I'm not quite sure where you are pointing me - what I'm finding difficult to understand is with my existing primary school site the problem with installing components exists there but I have been able to apply the security upgrades.

This new site for the other school was working fine and dandy on local host but just didn't want to transfer to a live site so I ended up installing a fresh EduGeek Joomla to which I'd added a few add ons - Templates, Joomlapack, JCE and it's PlugIn etc. That came up as a live 1.5.8 - trying to upgrade security with a stable patch to 1.5.15 failed, the templates are accessible and live but JCE and the other bits although there don't come out to play!

Clearly to my diminishing little grey cells something to do with folder permissions but also compounded, I suspect, by being SWGfL hosted?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread