+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Hard work in the Holidays... How you tell staff? in Technical; Hi, I get alot of teachers after school holidays asking me if i've had a nice break and i've spent ...
    Thank Post

Hard work in the Holidays... How you tell staff?

Hi,

I get alot of teachers after school holidays asking me if i've had a nice break and i've spent all holidays setting up new stuff only for them not to notice!!!

I was just woundering do other IT staff send out newsletters or anything else??

Thanks

Thank Post
    lol, we get it too. I usually say no, we are full time staff, we spent the time doing XYZ and don't ask how theirs were. I guess it's an idea to tell staff in an e-mail (done that before), or bring it up in briefing (done that before t00.)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I usually reply with "yeah, Room 117 was nice this time of year, but didn't like Room 108 much".

Always gets a puzzled look.

Pete

Thank Post
    Dont do what I did this year. We were getting hassled because they didnt like an initiative that was going on and were being quite vocal about it. I was on stage at the welcoming cermony and said "Yeah well while you were off enjoying yourself, some of us were working. So even if you dont like it respect the work that went into it."

Didnt go over so well. Tough audience haha

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by dsquared2 View Post
    Hi,

I get alot of teachers after school holidays asking me if i've had a nice break and i've spent all holidays setting up new stuff only for them not to notice!!!

I was just woundering do other IT staff send out newsletters or anything else??

Thanks
    We don't send out newsletters, but we do email ALL staff prior to the holidays (along with a weekly bulletin insert) to tell them that there will be a lot of ICT 'maintenance' being carried out during their break, and that they must ensure they contact us before coming on site if they want to use the network or any ICT facilities.

If someone does ask me, I go into serious geek mode and describe in full glorious technicolour geek speek what I have actually been up to. They usually don't bother to ask me such stupid questions again!

I have also been known to ask them if they had a nice break when I come back from a term time period of leave, where after I get the most peculiar look. I then ask them "do you not get the same holidays as me then?".

Thank Post
    Normally brief them on stuff that's been done over the hols at staff meeting (or delegate to a DH).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread