+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Anybody know where I can buy a washing machine? in Technical; ...
    Thank Post

Anybody know where I can buy a washing machine?

Hi Guys,

Big massive IT question for you!! I need a washing machine!! I am willing to go to tesco tonight to buy a washing machine for £160 - beko 5kg A rated thing. Does anybody know where i can get one cheaper? i want a new one as it will hopefully last me for a while! I am willing to go to £250 if I get either a bigger drum or a good make.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,685 Times in 1,500 Posts

Thank Post
    try 365electrical.com, brought all our white goods from there a few years ago. Found the models we wanted in currys then got them cheaper from here.

Thank Post
    General folk law says if you want it to last buy a Bosch.

Bosch - WAA24169GB - WAA24169GB - White - washing machine - Empire Direct Appliances

Don't buy an Indesit (who are the same company as hotpoint), washer dryer. I had one and had to call them out 5 times in the first year, I left it with my ex when I left.
    Last edited by K.C.Leblanc; 29th January 2010 at 09:37 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oalcock View Post
    I am willing to go to tesco tonight to buy a washing machine for £160 - beko 5kg A rated thing. Does anybody know where i can get one cheaper? i want a new one as it will hopefully last me for a while! I am willing to go to £250 if I get either a bigger drum or a good make.
    You could do worse that your nearest small vendor. The "up-sold" garuntees you will get flogged in the larger stores are worthless - unless you're aiming for a quality, solid lump of iron like a Miele at £800 upwards simply get as cheap as you can, if/when the machine breaks simply throw it out and get another. I have a refurbished machine from a local shop (where, oddly enough, the girl behind the counter used to live in my flat) which has lasted me a couple of years with no problems.

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    I've got Bosch appliances in my kitchen. 2 Year Warranty as standard and they just work.

Panasonic have just launched a 8kg wasing machine with 5 year warranty and after the£80 trade-in for any old washing machine it works out about £330.

If you're prepared to shop around online etc, and put some lunchtime research into it you can get Bosch for £250-£300 range.

When i purchased my Bosch appliances, i managed to get the machine for £225 (instead of £350), fridge freezer for £225 (instead of £350) and a condensor tumble dryer for £299 (instead of £499) all from CoopElectricalShop

Here's some websites that everyone should use to save money!
    (although you end up spending more money as you see so many bargains!)

HotUKDeals
    TopCashBack
    Quidco
    Last edited by MYK-IT; 29th January 2010 at 09:51 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dhicks View Post
    You could do worse that your nearest small vendor. The "up-sold" garuntees you will get flogged in the larger stores are worthless - unless you're aiming for a quality, solid lump of iron like a Miele at £800 upwards
    Agree on the up-sold guarantees... They are complete cack...

We opted for the Miele and got a 10 year on site parts and labour warranty with it... Given that it should last us 20 years and we have a baby (parents, will know what I mean!) it's a solid investment... Put another way, we invested £75 a year on our washing machine and it's sooooo quiet

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K.C.Leblanc View Post
    General folk law says if you want it to last buy a Bosch.
    I will second that had one since 2000 still going strong not had a single fault with it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 841 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We bought an A+ rated Beko 18 months ago from Comet (ugh) for £149. I intend to replace it with a like-for-like should it die anytime soon. Got a laughable "insurance" thing through from Comet a few months ago for it, for "only" a tenner a month we could insure it against breakdown for a year. What a con!
    I just treat these devices like consumables because very little is built to last unless you pay a lot more money for it. And even then if it does break down, it's even more money to lose.
    Getting cynical

Thank Post
    12+ years ago, I bought a Hotpoint; choosing it as it was the only washer/dryer available (in my price range) with an electronic timer rather than electromechanical. Only now does it need some attention as a sensor is playing silly beggers.

Next one is likely to be Bosch/Siemens as my father gets rather good discounts as a pensioner from their group!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    Most of our white goods at home are Bosch, they are well known for working well and lasting forever, the washer is now about 10 years old and all its had go wrong, well not even wrong, is the brushes on the motor wore out which happens to any make of washer. Other than that it seems fine still, noisier than it was when it was new, it used to be silent but now you can hear it in the other rooms but we can live with that.

Thank Post
    My mum has a bosch machine that she's has for about 12 years now, still works as well as the day she brought it. I buy all my white goods second hand - if I can spend £50 on a washing machine and get a couple of years out of it, that's value for money in my book.

My grandfather has an AEG machine he brought sometime in the 1980's that still works - mind you he's a retired engineer so when it goes wrong he fixes it himself.
    Last edited by maniac; 30th January 2010 at 01:50 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 841 Posts
    Blog Entries
    On a similar note to the above post, this is where I find being everyone's favourite computer person very handy. Fix enough computers for enough people for a low enough price/only a couple of beers and the world is your oyster here

"Here Bob, you know I sorted you out with a PC the other week - my washing machine has just packed up, would you mind taking a look?"

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread