+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Squid Logfile Analysis by Username in Technical; Just to save me spending the afternoon looking for a tool that doesn't exist, any insights appreciated. Currently still using ...

Thank Post

Squid Logfile Analysis by Username

Just to save me spending the afternoon looking for a tool that doesn't exist, any insights appreciated.

Currently still using Censornet V3.x here, quite happy with the filtering but the reporting aspect of it is a bit clunky. It's good for a quick heads up of any banned sites but the 'Sites accessed by' type reports aren't that handy. I believe the reporting is based on webalizer - have had a look at the homepage for this and also Sarg but can't seem to find a demo report that matches what I'm trying to come up with...

I'd like to get a report sorted where I can drill down to a single username then get a list of domains which have been access along with the time - but not broken right down into a million unreadable links, eg if they've accessed unsuitablesite.com for 10 minutes (yes, I know it'll only show the times pages were requested - that's fine!) then it would just show unsuitablesite.com 1150-1200 etc, at the moment, I can drill down to a user, then a single site, then get a massive list of pages within the domain etc. I suppose I could try and do some magic exporting it all to Excel but if anyone's already using an in depth log parser that can handle something like this I'd appreciate a linky as an early xmas present

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Cheers, will give it another look - sample reports weren't working when I tried and I wasn't in the mood for handing out email addresses just to get a demo. Getting somewhere with LightSquid now, it can do a time based report by day but not break down entirely by domain - so for example cgi1.ebay.co.uk, cgi.ebay.co.uk and eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace all show up as different hits. Better than a poke in the eye, if I run it standalone against some logs with a bit of manual filtering first I might get what I need out of it

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread