+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, CCTV viewer? in Technical; We havehad our cctv upgraded from a poor quality vhs system to a full color dvd system and I have ...
    Thank Post

CCTV viewer?

We havehad our cctv upgraded from a poor quality vhs system to a full color dvd system and I have been told that I can get the box on the network and view the cctv from any computer on the network for free?

I have given the dvd box an ip address and plugged it into the network but cannot find any software that will let me view it? well not for free anyway?

It is a vikon VDR-308 just wondering if you guys have any experiance with this type of thing? and if you could point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.

Thank Post
    Chances are it has a built in web server - just point your browser at its IP.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,454 Times in 1,899 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That particular model of DVR comes with its own playback client. This should have been provided on a CD with the device when it was installed. I would first contact the installers, if they can't provide it, contact Vicon and see what they can do. The manual for that model covers how to use this program.

ftp://ftp.vicon-cctv.com/manuals/01_...6_XX186-00.pdf

Thank Post
    We're looking at upgrading our for other reasons. One of the requirements for us is that it must be able to be viewed live in a web browser. Anyone know of any boxes that can do that? looking for 32 channels plus, but can be over a number of boxes.

Thank Post
    if i type http:/"ipaddress" i get niothing but if i type ftp:/"ipaddress" i get prompted for a uername and password... anyone know what the default is for a vicon vdr-308? I cant find details anywhere! also the box is locked and cant change settings? might have to give installers a ring?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs_mjs View Post
    We're looking at upgrading our for other reasons. One of the requirements for us is that it must be able to be viewed live in a web browser. Anyone know of any boxes that can do that? looking for 32 channels plus, but can be over a number of boxes.
    Geovision might be what your after, it has web browser clients, full clients, mobile phone clients, pda clients, we use it, its good. Just wack the card it a standard PC and your away.

Thank Post
    IVI Viewcommander does the business for us, internally

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,454 Times in 1,899 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neon View Post
    if i type http:/"ipaddress" i get niothing but if i type ftp:/"ipaddress" i get prompted for a uername and password... anyone know what the default is for a vicon vdr-308? I cant find details anywhere! also the box is locked and cant change settings? might have to give installers a ring?
    The device doesn't have web browser access - only via its own software, as described in the manual I linked.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neon View Post
    Not sure if we've got a VDR-308 (I think it might be but I don't want to run the risk of going down the admin corridor to look at the box), but the CD that came with it is for the VDR-304/308/316 and you can access ours through the web browser to view cameras, it uses an activeX control that you need to allow through. The ftp access details are the same as you would use to control and make changes to settings on the actual box, the user name is admin if that's any help.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread