+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Domain trusts.. can logon but no group policy applied in Technical; want to setup a trust between two domains we have on site... (school and CLC) this was previously working but ...

Thank Post

Domain trusts.. can logon but no group policy applied

want to setup a trust between two domains we have on site... (school and CLC) this was previously working but since they had their servers reinstalled it has stopped working as the trusts where removed.

both on different subnets.. the CLC domain controller has two network cards in.. one on their network and on on ours... (done this way previously to block any DHCP conflicts between the two i believe)

have setup the trust between the two... created a secondary lookup zone on both DNS servers, and enebled the default domain group policy setting to allow cross-forest user policy...

the users from the school can log on to the computers in the CLC but no group policy is applied, and the network drives etc are not mapped and they are unable to access the internet. am i missing some sort of IP routing setup on the CLC server? (i havent ever delved into that before so dont know what im doing!)

thanks for any help!

Thank Post
    Hi spacehopper.

To get GP working over trusts, you have to make a change in the Default Domain Policy on each domain.

You open up the domain policy and go Computer Configuration > Policies (only on Vista/2008+) > Administrative Templates > System > Group Policy and enable "Allow Cross-Forest User Policy and Roaming User Profiles".

Run GPUPDATE on all your DCs, and that should work. You might need to change some of the login scripts to include FQDNs of the servers to work across the trust.

EDIT: You know what, I didn't read your first post fully, and it seems you have already done this.

David

Thank Post
    yeah i have tried that already

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread