+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Office 2003 + Language Settings in Technical; Hi All, I have another issue i have setup an image machine with XP SP3 and Office 2003 on it. ...

Thank Post

Office 2003 + Language Settings

Hi All,

I have another issue i have setup an image machine with XP SP3 and Office 2003 on it. All my regional settings are English UK and Keyboard. I logon as Administrator open Word and they are UK but logon as a pupil and the language is set to English US. I have tried changing it but it doesn't. I have checked group policy set everything to UK but it still chooses to use US. I have also change the language in the tools to UK but to no avail.

Can somebody help me please

Faza

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,159 Times in 1,597 Posts
    You do need to make sure that the Office 2003 language settings are UK English as well as those on the PC... usually found in Start > Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Tools

Thank Post
    That info is held in the registry / profile isn't it? Do you use mandatory profiles faza?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by terrorvis View Post
    That info is held in the registry / profile isn't it? Do you use mandatory profiles faza?
    Good point terrorvis... make sure that language setting is set in you mandatory profile! (rename ntuser.man to ntuser.dat, set the language settings, then rename back)

Thank Post
    Yes i use Mandatory profiles, i think it is held in there.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by faza View Post
    Hi All,
    I have another issue i have setup an image machine with XP SP3 and Office 2003 on it. All my regional settings are English UK and Keyboard. I logon as Administrator open Word and they are UK but logon as a pupil and the language is set to English US. I have tried changing it but it doesn't. I have checked group policy set everything to UK but it still chooses to use US. I have also change the language in the tools to UK but to no avail.
    Can somebody help me please
    Faza
    Excuse the question but is this change of language for the keyboard, Office 2003 or both?

If the keyboard then profiles may be the place to check. If Office (especially Word) this can be tricky, as the default (whatever you do to the settings) will be English (US). A change must be made to the default .dot (Normal template) but even that may get overwritten albeit inadvertently.

I have yet to find a way of deleteing the US language - pesky MS

Thank Post
    When i login through Admionistrator propfiole all regional setting keyboard are set to English UK. Within Microsoft Word 2003 where i select language English US and English UK are both there but it defaults to the US.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by faza View Post
    When i login through Admionistrator propfiole all regional setting keyboard are set to English UK. Within Microsoft Word 2003 where i select language English US and English UK are both there but it defaults to the US.
    You must check the Office Language setting (Start > Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Tools) and get it right here otherwise Office will not be correct.

On the Enabled Languages tab, it says "Choose the language that defines default behavior in Microsoft Office applications"
    This must be English(U.K.) otherwise nothing else will change in Word, Excel or wherever

Once you have cracked this in your admin logon, you need to do this to your mandatory profile:

Follow the second post in this thread Creating a small mandatory profile
    It tells you about making a user an administrator while you set this sort of thing up.

9. Thanks to elsiegee40 from:

leco (29th September 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread