+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
How do you do....it? Thread, Toners...to use genuine or not in Technical; We use compats on most of the printers. The exception being HP2600s where virtually every compat we have tried leaks ...

Thank Post
    We use compats on most of the printers. The exception being HP2600s where virtually every compat we have tried leaks more toner than it uses for printing! However, they are so expensive to run with HP toner that we now only use them for reports and the like.

I've just bought an HP1022n off Ebay so that we don't have yet another toner variant to keep in stock.

Thank Post
    We've recently started using compatibles, but I've so far had quite varied experiences. All the B/W cartridges for HP2015, 3005 printers and the like seem absolutely fine. However all the colour ones we've had problems with in the HP2700 and 3505 printers we have, so I may be going back to origenal cartridges for these.

We've recently introduced a print quota system in the academy, which just 3 weeks into term has dramatically reduced wastage, so hopefully we will be able to return to using origenal cartridges without hitting the budget too hard.

Mike.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 626 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post
    Thanks guys.

Well the Epsons weren't my choice, they'd be in a bin if i had my way (an enviroment friendly bin of course ) but unfortunately they were here before me. We have a couple of newer ones but the rest are probably way out of warranty. Have spent a little time researching toner prices but they're all pretty much the same .
    What don't you like about the 1100Ns then ?
    I quite like them - have installed about 10 on our site. Had one go belly up and that's about it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well, if im honest....i have secretly grown more fond of them over the last few months. Ive had a couple go belly up on me and Epson weren't exactly helpful. But at the moment they are behaving themselves so i'll let them off. I just think i would've chosen different if it was me buying them.

I get annoyed at the price of the toners and the photoconductor (but maybe thats my lack of experience with Laser Printers and they're probably all just as expensive).

Have you found that no one wants to recycle your toners? Where do you get you toners and from and which type to you use?

I have 7, but the one in the staff room isnt talking to me at the moment and i have yet to investigate...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 626 Posts
    Well, if im honest....i have secretly grown more fond of them over the last few months. Ive had a couple go belly up on me and Epson weren't exactly helpful. But at the moment they are behaving themselves so i'll let them off. I just think i would've chosen different if it was me buying them.

I get annoyed at the price of the toners and the photoconductor (but maybe thats my lack of experience with Laser Printers and they're probably all just as expensive).

Have you found that no one wants to recycle your toners? Where do you get you toners and from and which type to you use?

I have 7, but the one in the staff room isnt talking to me at the moment and i have yet to investigate...
    Well I agree that Epson are not helpful, their support is seriously lacking and when you do have something in warrenty thats clearly faulty they will do their hardest to avoid aiding.
    As for the Toners - we order ours from RM and get the larger ones - I agree they are expensive but they do last quite a while I find.

Thank Post
    Thanks guys.

Well the Epsons weren't my choice, they'd be in a bin if i had my way (an enviroment friendly bin of course ) but unfortunately they were here before me. We have a couple of newer ones but the rest are probably way out of warranty. Have spent a little time researching toner prices but they're all pretty much the same .
    Little Miss...is it OK if I send you prices on our compatibles??

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    tut, go on then

Thank Post
    PM sent

Thank Post
    Almost all our printers bar 1 or 2 are HP printers. It seems that this was settled on as a "standard" long before I got here. We buy all our toner from 1 company, as it seems they've offered the best service and lowest costs over the years. We only use originals, as I think generic cartridges have given the school grief in the past.

I do think we need to investigate using generics again though, as I would like to save the school money if possible.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12