+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
How do you do....it? Thread, ODBC sql smalldatetime error when submitting info in IE 8 browser. in Technical; Hi all, Last month I rebuilt my pc, (xp pro) as it was a bit sluggish but now I cant ...
  1. #1

    NikChillin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    on the sofa
    Posts
    945
    Thank Post
    60
    Thanked 122 Times in 86 Posts
    Rep Power
    123

    ODBC sql smalldatetime error when submitting info in IE 8 browser.

    Hi all,
    Last month I rebuilt my pc, (xp pro) as it was a bit sluggish but now I cant submit anything to the SQL database through IE although my colleagues are fine. I have checked the date on my PC which is fine and I'm not too keen to rebuild my pc again! Any ideas?

  2. #2

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,785
    Thank Post
    3,282
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 974 Posts
    Rep Power
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by NikChillin View Post
    Hi all,
    Last month I rebuilt my pc, (xp pro) as it was a bit sluggish but now I cant submit anything to the SQL database through IE although my colleagues are fine. I have checked the date on my PC which is fine and I'm not too keen to rebuild my pc again! Any ideas?
    you using apache or IIS or what exactly along side asp or php or what exactly ?

    Any chance you could be a bit more specific ?

  3. #3

    NikChillin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    on the sofa
    Posts
    945
    Thank Post
    60
    Thanked 122 Times in 86 Posts
    Rep Power
    123
    I am using IIS and ASP but nothing has changed on that front and all was well before I formatted my drive so I am sure it is related to my new build. As I mentioned my colleagues can enter data as usual.

  4. #4

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,785
    Thank Post
    3,282
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 974 Posts
    Rep Power
    365
    screen grab of what happens when you try to submit the data ?

    Also did you check the check box for virtual directories and install IIS correctly ?

    When you submit the page do you get any error page ?

    Also if you use firefox or another browser does that have issues ?

  5. #5

    NikChillin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    on the sofa
    Posts
    945
    Thank Post
    60
    Thanked 122 Times in 86 Posts
    Rep Power
    123
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e07'

    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The conversion of char data type to smalldatetime data type resulted in an out-of-range smalldatetime value.

    /joblist/addjob2.asp, line 23

    This is the error I get but everything was fine a for me few weeks ago, it only affects my computer. Everything works fine as usual for everyone else except me and the only change is the rebuild to my pc... grrr! There haven't been any changes to the asp/database/IIS for years.

  6. #6

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,785
    Thank Post
    3,282
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 974 Posts
    Rep Power
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by NikChillin View Post
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e07'

    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The conversion of char data type to smalldatetime data type resulted in an out-of-range smalldatetime value.

    /joblist/addjob2.asp, line 23

    This is the error I get but everything was fine a for me few weeks ago, it only affects my computer. Everything works fine as usual for everyone else except me and the only change is the rebuild to my pc... grrr! There haven't been any changes to the asp/database/IIS for years.
    What about the ASP code as thats pointing to the coding side with regards to line 23 and converting a char data type to a smalldatetime data type ( stating that its out of range )

  7. #7

    NikChillin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    on the sofa
    Posts
    945
    Thank Post
    60
    Thanked 122 Times in 86 Posts
    Rep Power
    123
    objConnection.execute(sql)

    That is line 23, not very helpful but it must fail at the connection because something isn't conforming to the timeline between the database and my pc. The error only appears if I try to add a job to the list...... I think I might have to zap mt pc again but I was hoping for a quick fix..

  8. #8

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,785
    Thank Post
    3,282
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 974 Posts
    Rep Power
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by NikChillin View Post
    objConnection.execute(sql)

    That is line 23, not very helpful but it must fail at the connection because something isn't conforming to the timeline between the database and my pc. The error only appears if I try to add a job to the list...... I think I might have to zap mt pc again but I was hoping for a quick fix..
    can you post the full code with regards to what sql is and how you are adding a record etc

  9. #9

    NikChillin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    on the sofa
    Posts
    945
    Thank Post
    60
    Thanked 122 Times in 86 Posts
    Rep Power
    123
    <%


    Function QuoteFix(strSource)
    QuoteFix = Replace(strSource, "'", "''")
    End Function


    Username=session("Username")

    MachineName=QuoteFix(request("MachineName"))
    ProblemDescription=QuoteFix(request("Description") )




    Set objConnection = server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    objConnection.Open "JobList"


    sql="INSERT INTO Calls (ReportedByUser, MachineName, ProblemDescription, DateLogged, JobStatus, PriorityRating) values ('" & Username & "','" & MachineName & "','" & ProblemDescription & "','" & Now & "', 0,0);"

    objConnection.execute(sql)


    I think it is tripping up here, (bold)
    My comuter somehow is not giving the correct info althogh I have checked it several times.

  10. #10

    mac_shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,785
    Thank Post
    3,282
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 974 Posts
    Rep Power
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by NikChillin View Post
    <%


    Function QuoteFix(strSource)
    QuoteFix = Replace(strSource, "'", "''")
    End Function


    Username=session("Username")

    MachineName=QuoteFix(request("MachineName"))
    ProblemDescription=QuoteFix(request("Description") )




    Set objConnection = server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    objConnection.Open "JobList"


    sql="INSERT INTO Calls (ReportedByUser, MachineName, ProblemDescription, DateLogged, JobStatus, PriorityRating) values ('" & Username & "','" & MachineName & "','" & ProblemDescription & "','" & Now() & "', 0,0);"

    objConnection.execute(sql)


    I think it is tripping up here, (bold)
    My comuter somehow is not giving the correct info althogh I have checked it several times.
    If you insert a left and right bracket after Now() does that help, also if not what format is the DateLogged field in ( text or data char or what exactly )

  11. #11

    CESIL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    1,404
    Thank Post
    109
    Thanked 267 Times in 198 Posts
    Rep Power
    168
    Am I correct in thinking that the database and asp are not on your machine?

    If you are just a client accessing the asp code through IE then surely that points to a problem on your computer (if other clients are ok then the asp/database must be ok)

    Perhaps something is messed up or not correct version with your ODBC drivers?

  12. #12

    NikChillin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    on the sofa
    Posts
    945
    Thank Post
    60
    Thanked 122 Times in 86 Posts
    Rep Power
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by CESIL View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that the database and asp are not on your machine?

    If you are just a client accessing the asp code through IE then surely that points to a problem on your computer (if other clients are ok then the asp/database must be ok)

    Perhaps something is messed up or not correct version with your ODBC drivers?
    think that this is more likely as it is only my pc that is affected. I'll have a look at the drivers, cheers.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. IE7 Browser Error
    By mickeyh080 in forum Windows
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 6th September 2008, 05:56 PM
  2. Lesson Monitor - ODBC Error
    By Gatt in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 6th June 2006, 02:39 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •