+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
How do you do....it? Thread, Digital Signage Systems in Technical; Originally Posted by Andrew_C Just by chance seen this Roku Brightsign. Anyone got any views / does this help the ...

Thank Post

Re: Digital Signage Systems

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C
    Just by chance seen this Roku Brightsign. Anyone got any views / does this help the OP?
    Been in touch with Roku:-

We do not currently have a UK distributor; BrightSign is available by direct purchase for $299.99 for up to 10 units. Shipping costs depend on the quantity, and begin at $35.00 per unit. We accept payment by credit card for up to 2 units, and wire transfer, and the item is in stock.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by indie
    We use a thing called a Net Top Box by OneLAN Limited, basically a linux box with a web interface to configure it.

You create a template with "zones" and you apply media to those zones, all i've done in made some web pages with some nifty php to pull booking information out of our MRBS database.

It can display RSS feeds, Flash, video in most formats, images, html etc.

It costs around £1200, a little on the expensive side but that includes the hardware (which also has a digital tuner card so you can add say BBC News 24 to a zone) and software.
    We got the NetTopBox also. Had a company called Reflex in to do it. Installed screens etc for us also. It was only on the third visit (after order was placed) though that they mentioned sound wasnt included and would be an extra £1000! So now we have great signage, BBC news 24, etc, but no sound. I think we're going to implement the sound ourselves. Very positive experience of system but not installers.

Thank Post

OK... removed the bits identifying my school.

The document is simply my recommendation to the governors so only really covers those aspects that we find important.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts

Just opened it an got an error about no disk in drive r:??? chose continue and it opened fine.

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts

Also:

Sixth Form Common Room
    • 42” Plasma Monitor
    • Replace the exiting LED signage

Presume that should be existing and exiting?

Ben

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

We have 42" screens in various places around the college. The software they run is more or less home grown - details at:
    http://techinfo.cnwl.ac.uk/Display%2...y%20System.htm

Essentially, it has a scrolling text window on the left and two smaller windows on the right which will show either pictures or videos (you just put them in a folder and they get shown in order). The text is stored in a database and can be edited by appropriate people.

Thank Post

We have 6x 42" screens, and the way we do it is as follows:

1 Mac Mini computer locked away in nearby office to each screen, networked. Use of Apple Remote Desktop software (can equally be done at the command line for free, but we have the software anyway) to push out updated presentations to each screen individually or en-mass. We then create presentations in Keynote, which allows for silky smooth high res transitions, builds, movie playback, motion text, layering etc etc.

It looks very good, and works well too.

Thank Post

I have been talking to a local company who do all of our Projector installs for us, they also do digital signage solutions.

They pointed me at a bit of software called Ezevue which is basically a server package which will allow you to broadcast out to different signage outputs on your LAN, costs about £695 for the software and five licences which I don't think is too bad.

Here a link for you to have a look yourselves:

http://www.ezevue.com/www/tec.asp

Here's a link to the company I deal with for most things AV, I would recommend them as they always deliver what we need/want on time and at a good price:

http://www.tecknowledge.co.uk/

Thank Post

@Cowman: You might want to decide what will be displayed before going down that route. One of the things we intend to display is video of the little darlings' activities and streaming video to lots of screens might be pretty demanding on a network.

Thank Post

We cheat a bit here. We've one 52" (I think) plasma screen in main reception simply running a DVD on repeat which we update every now and then.

It displays stills of students doing stuff, ocassionally video clips of school productions etc. scans of press cuttings from when the schools been in the press and adverts for school events coming up in the near future. It's really easy to update (just edit it and burn a new disc) and very reliable as the DVD player stays on repeat permanently, all the receptionist has to do every morning is turn the plasma screen on.

We did initially try a solution involving a PC wired to it running a presentation type thing, but this proved to be problematic for us.

Mike.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ric_
    @Cowman: You might want to decide what will be displayed before going down that route. One of the things we intend to display is video of the little darlings' activities and streaming video to lots of screens might be pretty demanding on a network.
    Ric

I am the MD of ezeVue, and the way our software works is not as demanding on networks as you say.

When a video is set up to play on any number of screens, the Media Manager software merely copies the file to the machine running the Player software, and the player plays it locally.

It means that videos are not streamed from the server each time they are required, and if the MediaManager machine goes down, none of the players will fail.

Thanks

Paul

Thank Post

I have got together a simple web page with 3 colums....down left a java applet for sport news...and also a picture section...down middle a powerpoint display with messages...and on right and rss feed to bbc etc...

what i want now is to get a tv usb and have a live feed onto web, how is this done? or can it not be done??

cheers

tony

Thank Post

Anyone used a company called www.digishow.tv for their digital signage, they seem like a good company.

It be good to hear if anyone has used them, and if there were any problems.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by ranj
    Anyone used a company called www.digishow.tv for their digital signage, they seem like a good company.

It be good to hear if anyone has used them, and if there were any problems.
    That was one of the solutions I looked at... read my document and you will see that it is ridiculously expensive in comparison to the others.

Thank Post

Ha, if I showed the head this thread I get the feeling we would be spending a lot of money on more screens and software

We have a 42" plasma screen in the reception area which he is really proud of, but to be honest its embarrasing, just an amateur looking powerpoint presentation thats put together by one of the resources staff

I doubt that he would be interested in news feeds and video very much but are there any solutions just for creating decent looking slideshows which wouldnt require a repackaging of a powerpoint every day?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast