+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Vivotek IP7138 configuration in Technical; Hi, I'm having problems with a new IP camera we've just installed. Vivotek IP7138. We need it to ftp jpeag ...

Thank Post

Vivotek IP7138 configuration

Hi, I'm having problems with a new IP camera we've just installed. Vivotek IP7138. We need it to ftp jpeag to our website automatically every 1 or 2 seconds. The problm is the installed software only seems to allow this via motion detection and not as an automatic snapshot. The other consideration is there is no on site PC connected it runs directly through the router. Any ideas?

The downloadable manual was no help as are Vivotek support who don't seem to want to answer emails.

Thank Post
    Hi Mike,

I haven't had experience with the IP7138 but I do have a Vivotek IP7142 in front of me. I think the internal options should be similar.

As far as I am aware the shortest time between periodic uploads is 1 minute.

Log into the camera and click configuration. Now click Application. You should see three options: Event Settings, Server Settings and media settings.

Start by clicking Add under Media settings. You only really want to send one image at a time so click Snapshot and set Pre to 0 and post to 1. Add a file name and add a time stamp if required. Click Save.

Next, Click Add under Server Settings. Select FTP and add your FTP settings. You can test these if you need to by pressing the test button at the bottom of the page. Click save and then close.

Finally, click add for Event Settings. You want trigger set periodically with the time being set to 1 minute. Set the schedule for when the transfer should happen and save.

Now you should restart the camera and your periodic updates should start.

Hyperdrinky

Thank Post
    Maybe it will only send updates on movement as there is no point in updating the same image over and over again if no movement is detected.....

just a thought!

We have got a load of the Vivotek Cams. I don't find the server software to be very stable though

Thank Post
    Thanks for the replies,

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that without going for live streaming what I have got is as good as it gets. An update of 1 per minute isn't an option, I get every 3 or 4 seconds using motion capture. My problem wth motion capture is it's placed in a low light environment and the movement is at a fair distance so even at full sensativity and the minimum lag time before sensing next motion it's missing 50% of the movement.

If I decide to go for a streming Host, anyone Know a good one which supports vivotek and works without the need to link via a PC. (streamdays were helpful but don't support vivotek)

Thanks again for the replies.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread