+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Ulteo Open Virtual Desktop in Technical; Not so much a how do you, as a have you but cant find a forum to put it in. ...
    coquet636

Ulteo Open Virtual Desktop

Not so much a how do you, as a have you but cant find a forum to put it in.

Just been reading reviews and blogs about Ulteo and wondering if others have tried it and what there feeling are towards the software. Gonna demo it here today i think but was just wondering about others feelings towards it

more details at www.ulteo.com.

p.s. hope its as good as it says.... lol

Thank Post
    Hopefully if this post does not get deleted by the admins for talking about products on here! ( I have 2 posts deleted in a week! Via censorship!!)

Then yes I am also looking at Ulteo. Please see my post Open Source Schools as I will be updating progress on there.

As I seem to have freedom to talk about products on an open source forum Used their remote access tool for a while, but only just starting using the Virtual Desktop service today.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,448 Posts
    Monkey you have had it explained to you why your posts were removed as the admins and mods are trying keep this site free from people just here to use edugeek as a launch platform for their products.

Ben

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyx View Post
    Hopefully if this post does not get deleted by the admins for talking about products on here! ( I have 2 posts deleted in a week! Via censorship!!)
    As you have chosen to make this public I will respond. Sorry to OP for this thread being taken off topic. It was explained to you in a private message that the post was deleted as we suspected that the company was trying to get posts by proxy (something we take a dim view on).

Maybe we were wrong of course a PM replying to that matter would have got matter resolved and your post enabled again.
    The course of action you choo
    se was to make private message between a mod and yourself in attempt to claim you have been censored.

Again this was private message so we removed that thread.

Again if you disagree with decision of a mod we have always said contact one of admin and if disagree with them then you can contact Dos_Box who decision is final.

As you are a member been around here for a while I suspect that been one of those weeks I know I have had one and its only Tuesday and hopefully we can move forward.

Again I would have liked to do this via PM but you choose to make it public.

The decision has been made if you disagree with the mod choice or myself then please contact Dos_box who will discuss it with you.

I think if we leave it at that and lets hope we move forward and now get the thread back on topic.

Russell
    Edugeek.net Admin

Thank Post
    Well got Ulteo running and able to run Linux applications from my Windows guest

Tomorrows test to include running Windows and Linux Apps from a Linux guest.

This is looking really good so far.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,448 Posts
    Excellent please continue to post your findings on this piece of software.

Ben

coquet636
    Well so far so good.

Very asy tosetup and runs quite quickly even though we only have it installed as a virtual machine in vitualbox.

one thing to watch out for is that the time is set correctly to sync with AD....

Have no terminal services licences so cant check running windows apps as yet!!

But so far its looking good.

coquet636

Ulteo 2.0

Hello all...

Just reopening this threat to say the new version is out and it is awesome..... It connected to our LDAP straight away so users can login and get all there documents fine. The management and allocation of linux apps is very simple....

So now were letting the kids sorry students try using linux and using open office with a view to phasing out massive operating system and application licenses.....

More info here Ulteo Open Virtual Desktop - Ulteo - Open Source Enterprise Virtual Desktop and Application Delivery solutions (SBC & VDI)

Thank Post
    Hello All,
    Ive installed the latest Ulteo Live CD and have a test system running which also includes a Windows apps server. Very impressed so far, I have been using the linux desktop with Windows apps added with no problems. The entire system is running a normal Dell gx755 and gx760 machines with no problems, very very fast. The portal login is just so quick. I will be leaving the test system running and keep a very close eye on this systems updates.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread