+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
How do you do....it? Thread, logmein rescue alternative in Technical; CentraStage Thier website is pretty naff but when you actually see the software its pretty powerful. I was dealing with ...

Thank Post

check this out its cheap at 1 per device /month

CentraStage

Thier website is pretty naff but when you actually see the software its pretty powerful.

I was dealing with a chap called James.Fletcher@CentraStage.com they will be growing in to an apps store and friends and family (Log Me In Free) for 30 machines soon [so i'm told].

Worth a look.

Thank Post

BeAnywhere Support Express

If you're looking for a serious remote support solution then you should try BeAnywhere Support Express. It takes away all the hassle of firewall configuration and it has remote control, file transfer, live chat, support statistics, etc.

beanywhere.com

Pen

Thank Post
    Another good alternative to consider is RHUB TurboMeeting. I am using RHUB remote desktop appliance in my college and it really works well. Guess it's a better alternative for commercial purposes. It allows for a collaborative remote support and ensures consistent remote connection and advanced in features and affordable too. If you are looking for a free service, consider using Teamviewer which is a cool solution.

Thank Post
    I have created a custom uVNC Single Click program for clients to run when downloaded from my site, it does require you to have a base tho (Some where to forward the request to), this got round the whole 'Personal Use Only'. Its also more professional to have your own remote support. You should be able to set up a system with VPN to access you 'base' from anywhere. I think the link provided was for a older version that doesn't work with Vista or Windows 7 due to Session 0/1 problems, but I can find you the link to the latest one which has fixed the problem.

Thank Post
    I know the last post of this thread is only 6 months old but any other suggestions - love LogMeIn (both free and rescue) but as we've been offering remote support for free so far, don't really want to start charging for it if we can help it.

Thank Post
    another vote for teamviewer but its only free for personal use. If you're going to use it for business then you have to pay for it.

Thank Post
    Teamviewer looks perfect but it's blocked here and we have no control over the filtering - the borough deals with it and won't unblock anything. Logmein Rescue does work though (at least it does at the moment), it's just a tad expensive.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    teamview works great here

you can also get the portable version prom portable apps no install required

free

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by InspireICT View Post
    Teamviewer looks perfect but it's blocked here and we have no control over the filtering - the borough deals with it and won't unblock anything. Logmein Rescue does work though (at least it does at the moment), it's just a tad expensive.
    Have a good old kick and scream at your LEA - involve your SMT as well if required because there are a lot of things that you can't do with your school (VPN/HAP+/ect) without punching holes in your LEA firewall all of which are for the betterment of T&L so as long as you can make your system secure (TMG/ISA Server ect) then they shouldn't have a foot to stand on in stoping you.

Thank Post
    Teamviewer is good, however, it is expensive. I would recommend a one-time payment option such as Bomgar or RHUB remote support appliances, wherein, you pay once and own the appliance for lifetime.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindouglas View Post
    I would recommend a one-time payment option such as Bomgar or RHUB remote support appliances, wherein, you pay once and own the appliance for lifetime.
    If you don't pay for annual maintenance after the first year, you won't get software updates for your appliance. What's the point of doing that?

www.bomgar.com/documents/resources/wpnewreality.pdf

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12