+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Mass Image Resizing in Technical; Before any of you scream 'there's tons of threads on this, use search!'... *screws up face at 5mb jpegs* I ...

Thank Post

Mass Image Resizing

Before any of you scream 'there's tons of threads on this, use search!'...
    *screws up face at 5mb jpegs*
    I am looking to mass resize images across all user areas and possibly even shared areas but I want to retain original file ownership!
    Having spent all of yesterday using 'image resizer' power toy and to a lesser extent irfanview I have noticed that these files are now owned by administrator. I am not looking to let people off with their quota limits, so any advice here would be great.

Also, the school hasn't been open very long, we are in our second academic year but all work was pulled over from the previous schools and unfortunately many of these files are owned by administrator.
    In a Win Server 2003 (R2) environment can anyone offer any advice on how I might change ownership of these folders/files as the correct user? Obviously asking the member of staff to take ownership is a waste of time - when did they ever do something we ask of them?
    The user areas are at for example \\server\share$\staff\first.last and this is redirected to My Documents and also made available via H:.

Thanks

Thank Post
    You should search

http://www.edugeek.net/wiki/index.ph..._on_homedrives will reset file permissions and you could script something with ImageMagic to do your resive thing.

3. Thanks to Ric_ from:

itwasntme (17th March 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric_ View Post
    You should search

http://www.edugeek.net/wiki/index.ph..._on_homedrives will reset file permissions and you could script something with ImageMagic to do your resive thing.
    *shakes fist*

Ok you got me on the ownership thing.... I swear I did search!! Obviously didn't hit on any of the magic words.. ImageMagic I will take a look at, thanks.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread