+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, WPMU Help reqd. in Technical; Hope this is the right section. I've been trying to get WPMU set up in a such a way that ...

Thank Post

WPMU Help reqd.

Hope this is the right section.

I've been trying to get WPMU set up in a such a way that a selection of the blogs I've created will aggregate into a 'Whole School' feed. Using BDPRSS I can get the feeds to aggregate and the sidebar widget works fine, however I want the whole thing to display as a page rather than just a sidebar.

I followed the instructions in the readme, have enable Exec-PHP and various capabilities as requested but the PHP I've been given doesn't seem to work. I can run simple things like
    Code:
    <?php if (1) { ?>
    <b>Handle THIS!</b>
    <?php } else { ?>
    <i>Handle THAT!</i>
    <?php } ?>
    (sample code form the exec_php readme)

But the code I've been given for BDPRSS doesn't work (nothing in the server error logs).
    Code:
    <?php BDPRSS2::output(1); ?>

<h2> Archive </h2>

<?php BDPRSS2::archiveList(1); ?>

About <a href="http://www.ozpolitics.info/blog/2005/03/28/aggregated-blog-feeds/">the RSS Aggregator</a>
    Any ideas? Is there an easier way that I've missed.

Thank Post
    Quick update:

We (a techie, HoD and myself) have ascertained that the BDPRSS2:utput(1) line should be the one that causes the posts to appear, and the same line appears in the sidebar widget which is function. The (1) is the index of the layout description, which is also correct.

I suspect that the problem is something to do with #includes (although I have zero php experience - just a bit of manual inspection and an ability to follow logic).

Anyone else come across similar problems before?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information