+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, USING PSEXEC in Technical; Hi all, right... 2 problems here... 1. I have just discovered PSEXEC. I would like to use it to load ...
    Thank Post

USING PSEXEC

Hi all,

right... 2 problems here...

1. I have just discovered PSEXEC. I would like to use it to load up a certain web page on all the machines in the IT Suite. This is what i have been using...

psexec @ictsuite -i c:\windows\ie7\iexplore.exe BBC - Homepage

where '@ictsuite' is a .txt file containing a list of all the computer names in the it suite.

ictsuite-01
    ictsuite-02
    etc.
    etc.

i thought this was right but it will only load up the web page on the first computer in the txt file.

2. I tried to load a file using PSEXEC that is stored in a mapped network drive. when i type in the file location, it says that the file cannot be found.

whats going wrong?

any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

James

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral208 View Post
    Hi all,

right... 2 problems here...

1. I have just discovered PSEXEC. I would like to use it to load up a certain web page on all the machines in the IT Suite. This is what i have been using...

psexec @ictsuite -i c:\windows\ie7\iexplore.exe BBC - Homepage

where '@ictsuite' is a .txt file containing a list of all the computer names in the it suite.

ictsuite-01
    ictsuite-02
    etc.
    etc.

i thought this was right but it will only load up the web page on the first computer in the txt file.

2. I tried to load a file using PSEXEC that is stored in a mapped network drive. when i type in the file location, it says that the file cannot be found.

whats going wrong?

any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

James
    I would use a UNC location rather than a mapped drive, and remember to specify a username.
    Code:
    \\server\share
    PsExec Security
    You should be aware of several ways in which PsExec interfaces with Windows security. By default, the process you execute on the remote system impersonates the account from which you run PsExec on the local system. Impersonation is somewhat restricted from the perspective of security—the remote process doesn't have access to any network resources, even those that your account typically would be able to access. If the account in which you're running doesn't have local administrative privileges on the remote system, the process you want to run requires access to network resources, or you want to run a process in a different account, then use PsExec's -u switch to provide an alternative account name. For example, you could enter the command

Code:
    psexec \\remote -u remote\administrator -p adminpass ipconfig
    to run Ipconfig under the Administrator account on the remote machine. Use the -p switch to enter the password for the account you specified with the -u switch. If you omit the -p switch, PsExec prompts you to enter the password (for security reasons, PsExec doesn't echo the password you enter to the screen). . . .

PsExec
    Last edited by somabc; 22nd January 2009 at 10:32 PM.

3. Thanks to somabc from:

Admiral208 (23rd January 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi

You might find a GUI helpful if you want to make better use of PsExec. Like EZ-Execute.

5. 4 Thanks to webman:

Admiral208 (23rd January 2009), amfony (23rd January 2009), ChrisH (22nd January 2009), somabc (22nd January 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanks for the link.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread