+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How do you do....it? Thread, Helpdesk Software & Exchange in Technical; Hi. We've been using Librium Helpdesk here for about about a year and a half now, and its done its ...

Thank Post

Helpdesk Software & Exchange

Hi.
    We've been using Librium Helpdesk here for about about a year and a half now, and its done its job well.
    We've recently rebuilt our network from scratch, and we now have an exchange server.
    Problem is, i cant get Librium working with it. .

So, im on the look out for some new helpdesk software, preferably free, but must include Exchange 2k7 support.

Ideally, i'd like to have requests to be possible to be sent to the helpdesk via both an interface for the staff, and via email to a pre-specced email address (ITHelpdesk@example.com).
    Plus, the ability to have all submitted jobs to have the jobs submitted in the same way that staff would send via email, have info emailed back to them too.

Plus, the interface in Librium is a bit 'blank'. Wouldnt mind something that looks a little more professional if its out there? lol.

Thoughts & advice?

Thanks in advance all. .

Thank Post
    am currently making my own build on from a system developed by ittech (ICT support system

i have added AD support, ability to log call to a room, email it support when a call is logged, a know issues (for on going problems),will be adding a reminder function (call not closed email me to remind me)

and a few more things i cant think of at this time.

Also going to add RSS feeds to the system so staff can subscribe to the known issues and know the progress etc also we are dropping some old 15” screens in the staff room as digi signage and I can have this feed on there too. Also going to add a kind of knowledgebase of ‘key board not working – plug it in’ type stuff.

will be adding
    • Filter by staff member, date, room, progress
    • Need to set which member of the support team completed the call
    • Finish/start selecting which member of the support team gets notified by email when a call is logged and if none are selected all members get a mail

taking a break from all things webby this week 3 year dev plan fun

Thank Post

Thumbs up Help Desk Software and Barcode Scanners

Quote Originally Posted by boomam View Post
    Hi.
    We've been using Librium Helpdesk here for about about a year and a half now, and its done its job well.
    We've recently rebuilt our network from scratch, and we now have an exchange server.
    Problem is, i cant get Librium working with it. .

So, im on the look out for some new helpdesk software, preferably free, but must include Exchange 2k7 support.

Ideally, i'd like to have requests to be possible to be sent to the helpdesk via both an interface for the staff, and via email to a pre-specced email address (ITHelpdesk@example.com).
    Plus, the ability to have all submitted jobs to have the jobs submitted in the same way that staff would send via email, have info emailed back to them too.

Plus, the interface in Librium is a bit 'blank'. Wouldnt mind something that looks a little more professional if its out there? lol.

Thoughts & advice?

Thanks in advance all. .
    boomam,

I believe it would be beneficial if you reviewed the Web Help Desk Software thread here at EduGeek.

Exchange can get finicky. Exchange email accounts default to MAPI, which is pretty much a Microsoft proprietary protocol , but can be changed to IMAP (or POP), both of which Web Help Desk utilizes for receiving email and automatically converting them to tickets. SSL authentication is not a problem either.

Web Help Desk will poll one or more email inboxes and convert the email to a ticket. Plus, as you mentioned in your requirements, Web Help Desk has a very robust interface for ticket submission by students and staff and an extremely intuitive and professional interface for your support staff.

Click the "Tech Login" button to view the support staff interface or the "Client Login" to view the support requester's interface (note that as you select the Request Type, the form dynamically updates with custom fields....leaving a clean initial form without "catch-all fields" that may have nothing to do with the actual request.)

Help Desk Software - Online Demonstration

Do share your thoughts on this help desk software...

FYI - Web Help Desk has a Free Edition, Lite Edition, and Pro Edition available to fit everyones needs and pockets.

Best Regards,
    Web-Help-Desk-Software

Thank Post
    Has anyone used OS Ticket?
    Looks good for an open source piece of software, but i cant find any screenshots or live demos around to play with.

Im currently faffing around with the live demos of ManageEngine Service Desk Free & WebHelpDesk.
    I cant decide if they are pointlessly complex or feature rich! lol. Either way, they look very overkill compared to Librium.

WebHelpDesk looks good, im trying to work out if its possible to get rid of the priority thing off the users submitted thing, and if i can get it to autologin to the helpdesk once a user is logged on. 'single sign on' so to speak.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,684 Times in 1,499 Posts

Thank Post
    Implementing this at the moment. Very good.

Thank Post
    We use this: Page Title

Intergrates with Exchange ok, uses AD to logon with, new patch will soon be able to pull data from AD. Lots of the features we dont use at the moment but we have used it for years.

Thank Post
    We are planning to implement mylittlehelpdesk here soon aswell. Just waiting for our new servers. Also they are planning to release asset management alongside the helpdesk at no extra cost.

Well worth a look, free demo on their website.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 812 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewL View Post
    We use this: Page Title

Intergrates with Exchange ok, uses AD to logon with, new patch will soon be able to pull data from AD. Lots of the features we dont use at the moment but we have used it for years.
    Page Title - great name

Thank Post

Exclamation help desk software and single sign-on

Quote Originally Posted by boomam View Post
    WebHelpDesk looks good, im trying to work out if its possible to get rid of the priority thing off the users submitted thing, and if i can get it to autologin to the helpdesk once a user is logged on. 'single sign on' so to speak.
    Web Help Desk has a Knowledge Base FAQ on Web Help Desk Software and single sign-on. Hopefully that should sort your enquiry on SSO configuration.

Feel free to browse the Web Help Desk Software Knowledge Base for more self-help.

FYI - all WHD installs have this capability to view the knowledge base without logging in. Also, you can configure Web Help Desk to disable the opportunity for a non-support staff to select the trouble ticket Priority. In most cases, endusers will select "Urgent", as their problems are ALWAYS "urgent". However, if all tickets are "urgent" priority, they may as well be all "low" priority...there is no sense of priority! Thus, you may remove this from the enduser's view by changing the setting, logged in as an Admin in Web Help Desk, at Preferences > Tickets > Client Priority Option. You will also see more information if you mouse-over the configuration setting.

Feel free to enquire on any other features within Web Help Desk.

Enjoy!

Web Help Desk

Thank Post
    We use SysAid by ilient software.

Its great, does everything we need and supports Exchange no problem. There is a free version available but if you want the email and AD integration you need the paid for version which is priced by no. of admins / helpdesk operators.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Page Title - great name
    It has been a long day, had delivery after delivery today, in the last 2 days we have recieved 200 boxes, mainly computer systems which will be used in June when a new build of ours opens!

Must of missed that one

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewL View Post
    It has been a long day, had delivery after delivery today, in the last 2 days we have recieved 200 boxes, mainly computer systems which will be used in June when a new build of ours opens!

Must of missed that one
    It isn't your fault, the forum software automatically grabs the page title of the website and puts that instead of the web address. It's PTL who need to change their site title.

Thank Post

Helpdesk software

Have a look at hesk..

Help desk software

Thank Post
    I purchased a sharepoint license through our schools agreement for the purpose of setting up a room booking system and a helpdesk running on it using the templates they supply free but tbh they are awful and Libernum seems alot more user friendly.

Not MS problem really, they are free so what do you expect but the amount of tweaking I have been doing to make them usable is silly.. and I am still not happy as they are still too complicated.

Think my problem is I haven't used Sharepoint before so I am learning two things at once.... I said I would have a working room booking system by the end of the month so I have 2 days left

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast