+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Staff Picture database in Technical; Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has anything that can help us. We want to have a virtual staff directory.. We ...
    Thank Post

Staff Picture database

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has anything that can help us. We want to have a virtual staff directory.. We want something that new staff can check to see who's in which perticular department and put a face to a person.

Something that has staff picture and a short discription of each staff, would be an advantage if it was searchable.

Can anyone recommend anything? We have Frog and E1 can we do anything with these?

Michael

Thank Post
    Hi Michael,

I have just seen your post and I thought I may be able to offer you some advice. I work at Frog as part of the design team who, as well as designing the graphics, work on actually designing the end user interface and finding uses of the Frog System. We are currently preparing for Bett 2009 and thus are creating mini applications using the tools currently available within the Frog system.

What you are trying to achieve can be easily accomplished using the tagging features currently available on Frog. You would have to tag the photographs of the members of staff with the information that you wish to display. This would of course include the department but using more tags on the same photograph would mean that you could use it again in other areas.

One example of this is that Mr Smith may be part of the English department so would therefore appear in the English department directory. You could also then add a tag of, say, “Year7_formteacher” and so the same photograph and information would also appear under a defined Year 7 Form Teacher directory.

All the photographs used would be searchable and you would therefore be able to create a design and application matching your specific needs.

This is all possible with the current technology. However, we are currently working on Frog 3.0 for Bett 2009 and this has many new features, one of them being a profile system which can be used in a more interactive way, thereby allowing the user to manage their own profile and share information easily with other members of their community.

If you require any more help please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Karl

www.frogtrade.com

3. Thanks to kbolland from:

linkazoid (31st December 2008)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,496 Posts
    Blog Entries
    we use this URL REMOVED AT REQUEST

One of my schools uses frog, its got some good stuff but wouldn't be my first choice of learning platform.
    Last edited by russdev; 28th March 2010 at 08:27 AM.

5. Thanks to FN-GM from:

linkazoid (31st December 2008)

Thank Post
    : Karl,

Sorry for the late reply.. I was merely looking in to this for my colleagues who deal with the Frog side of things. Many thanks for the insight on things to come, hopefully he'll be able to accomplish it with the current version of Frog, otherwise we'll pop by at Bett to see the new version.

Just a quick question.. Have you developed the crystal menu, with the option of a transparent background yet?

We asked if this was possible many months ago, but never have had a definitive reply.

: Zak,

The one you linked to, does indeed look very nice, clean and simple.. I was creating our school site in Joomla as a side project, and my colleague was also developing a sharepoint solution, just to get a look at what can be done but we were both told to drop it and use Frog.

I'm not so anti-Frog as i have been in previous topics, partially because now they have designers who are developing the look of it, as it should have been from the beginning.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread