+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Easy simple webmail interface with exchange. in Technical; Hi, We've just put in an exchange server having used navaho for both email and firewall. What I'd like to ...

Thank Post

Easy simple webmail interface with exchange.

Hi,

We've just put in an exchange server having used navaho for both email and firewall. What I'd like to do is remove navaho from the system altogether and replace it with a dedicated firewall. I've been suggested one by sonicwall which has content filtering as a subscription. It works out a lot less than the navaho amount we're spending each year and has a more up to date interface.

I work at a middle school as the ICT technician and the children use the computers from pre prep up to 13yr olds. I've not yet quite managed to persuade my boss (the Head of ICT who also teaches the children) that decommissioning navaho is a good idea.

Trying to get a 7 yr old to understand where to find their emails in the web based outlook isn't particularly easy. I think I'm even going to have trouble teaching some of the staff who are in their nature often stubborn and petrified by anything that looks complicated. I think the navaho email interface is a little ugly but it's what all the children are used to along with my boss.

Does anyone know how I can make exchange more child friendly? I'd just rather have everyone's emails in one place which can be backed up easily.

Also does anyone know the WCBS PASS system? I'm trying to find a way to get it to talk to exchange but WCBS are being a little vague.

This site has been really useful to me so thanks everyone.

Richard

Thank Post
    I've played about with Horde's IMP (IMP Webmail Client) in the past, seems pretty straight forward (unlike trying to integrating it with exchange)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Navaho to Exchange ? Seems like a backward step to me !!
    Welcome to large .PST files and other problems - possibly.
    BTW - Navaho already has a firewall / gateway / VPN and other features - why not just keep it for that and try and arrange a reduction in cost as you are not using the mail front anymore....... Just a thought.
    Just out of interest, why the move to Exchange ?

I think the navaho email interface is a little ugly
    You can configure other E-mail clients to link into Navaho - Outlook / Outlook Express & others.....

I'd just rather have everyone's emails in one place which can be backed up easily.
    Navaho also backs up, it can backup to a share or location on your network.....
    Last edited by mattx; 28th November 2008 at 10:22 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread