+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, (Online) School Shop in Technical; Has anyone set up an online shop for school - but, wierdly, one where the currency is house points? We ...
    Thank Post

(Online) School Shop

Has anyone set up an online shop for school - but, wierdly, one where the currency is house points?

We don't have the physical space to set up a shop in school, so an on-line catalogue would be ideal. That's easy enough, but I'd like a system that debits the student's house points from the total they've banked. The goods would be delivered either to their form, or at the end of the house assembly.

Cheers,
    Duncan.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,467 Posts
    Blog Entries
    look into a webshop called e107shop. It will let you set up a shop online and you can issue voucher codes in exchange for house points or deal in physical currency. Hope that helps.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duncane View Post
    Has anyone set up an online shop for school - but, wierdly, one where the currency is house points?

We don't have the physical space to set up a shop in school, so an on-line catalogue would be ideal. That's easy enough, but I'd like a system that debits the student's house points from the total they've banked. The goods would be delivered either to their form, or at the end of the house assembly.

Cheers,
    Duncan.
    A similar question was asked on here before. I looked on the net for a simple solution but couldn't find anything which did just what you want. All the e-commerce system were over the top. One of the suggestions made before was to set up a forum such as phpBB and then use a shop plugin.

Thank Post
    Thanks.

I'm not really looking for an e-commerce solution as such. We don't want students (or their parents) to be able to buy things from the shop - it's about rewarding good behavior via house points only. (This is why some of the previous discussions about school shops on here didn't help me.)

I think maintaining a voucher system might be too labor-intensive for our school, but thanks nephilm. (Sorry if I've misinterpreted your suggestion - I found e107shop's website a bit confusing to navigate, so I've guessed how you might use vouchers to do this.)

I think I may look into coding something myself in my free time (if I have any) that meets my needs precisely.

In the longer term, for example, I'd like to include a wish list for students. They'd put the items on to the list and, on the basis of their recent behavior (in terms of house points), be presented with an estimate of when they might be able to get the item.

Unvalidated User
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duncane View Post
    Thanks.

I'm not really looking for an e-commerce solution as such. We don't want students (or their parents) to be able to buy things from the shop - it's about rewarding good behavior via house points only. (This is why some of the previous discussions about school shops on here didn't help me.)

I think maintaining a voucher system might be too labor-intensive for our school, but thanks nephilm. (Sorry if I've misinterpreted your suggestion - I found e107shop's website a bit confusing to navigate, so I've guessed how you might use vouchers to do this.)

I think I may look into coding something myself in my free time (if I have any) that meets my needs precisely.

In the longer term, for example, I'd like to include a wish list for students. They'd put the items on to the list and, on the basis of their recent behavior (in terms of house points), be presented with an estimate of when they might be able to get the item.
    We've just started using Welcome to MyStickers!

"A MySticker is a reward like no other. It has a unique 12 digit code that can be entered online at Welcome to MyStickers! once it has been rewarded by a teacher. Pupils who log the stickers and postcards receive points and have the opportunity to access online games and win fantastic prizes!"

The kids love 'em!

HTH
    Jody

6. Thanks to kerlj001 from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kerlj001 View Post
    We've just started using Welcome to MyStickers!

"A MySticker is a reward like no other. It has a unique 12 digit code that can be entered online at Welcome to MyStickers! once it has been rewarded by a teacher. Pupils who log the stickers and postcards receive points and have the opportunity to access online games and win fantastic prizes!"

The kids love 'em!

HTH
    Jody
    Used here too. Looks good!

Thank Post
    It was me who asked for help with the points for prize's system, still i have not come up with anything lol

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread