+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Sequel2 in Technical; ARRRRRRGH! Blasted software! Okay so here's whats up. Got Sequel2, did an Administrative Install, activated and all that lovely business. ...
    Thank Post

Sequel2

ARRRRRRGH!

Blasted software! Okay so here's whats up. Got Sequel2, did an Administrative Install, activated and all that lovely business.

The software gives you a little nag screen:

"Register online, Already registered, Remind me later".

So click Register online or Already registered all is good and it shuts up. Except... Only for that user profile.

Yup, every single user is gonna be asked if they have registered already. How can I shut it up for everyone? I've tried making a default profile with the right application data that it generates after being run and clicked on, but no dice.

Anyone had experience with this?

Help muchly appreciated.

Thank Post
    It may not be app data it saves that setting to. It my be hkey_current_user in the registry. You may need to write a simple registry script to run with user logons to add the entry to their registry. There are quite a few good examples of how to do it in the "how do you do it forum" I now use this for several apps we have in school inculding adobe products and the java runtime to control automatic update behaviour.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Teth View Post
    It may not be app data it saves that setting to. It my be hkey_current_user in the registry. You may need to write a simple registry script to run with user logons to add the entry to their registry. There are quite a few good examples of how to do it in the "how do you do it forum" I now use this for several apps we have in school inculding adobe products and the java runtime to control automatic update behaviour.
    Hmmm possibly so, but the burning question there is -- how to detect what regkeys are needed?

I was always under the impression that ntuser.dat stored the regkeys for any particular user on a machine, and that making a default user profile with said ntuser.dat file would have the regkeys for every user that logs in (assuming the profile isn't on the system already).

But, I'll try it the manual way and see what happens, now I just have to find out what keys (if any) are being pushed.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information