+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Set Terminal Services to use a second network port in Technical; We are currently rolling out a Terminal Services to a number of our schools to allow for classroom/home SIMS access. ...
    Thank Post

Set Terminal Services to use a second network port

We are currently rolling out a Terminal Services to a number of our schools to allow for classroom/home SIMS access. How can i get the TS sessions to use network port 1 and internal network traffic to use port 2.

Is this set in TS or connection manager (running on server 2003)

Thank Post
    Providing both ports have a static IP address, couldn't you just redirect all terminal services traffic coming from outside on your router/firewall and NAT it over to the 2nd port.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_M_Cox View Post
    We are currently rolling out a Terminal Services to a number of our schools to allow for classroom/home SIMS access. How can i get the TS sessions to use network port 1 and internal network traffic to use port 2.

Is this set in TS or connection manager (running on server 2003)
    Check with your LEA about access of SIMS off site. When i asked about this for my school i got told this was a defanate non starter as you can't access SIMS from home, only within the LEA network.

Thank Post
    no problems with rules and regs. i am a technician on the school support team and we have full control over what is and is not available through terminal services etc.

ahuxham - thanks for the reply, hopefullt is is as easy as you make it sound but i have little networking knowledge, i mainly work on server/client OS management. but hey, i can give it a go.

Thank Post
    This is easily achieved. You just specify upon which Interface to accept RDP. I have done this on my TS servers here.

Look in TS Config > Properties of the server .. its in there. cant recall which tab off the top of my head though

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by everton4europe View Post
    Check with your LEA about access of SIMS off site. When i asked about this for my school i got told this was a defanate non starter as you can't access SIMS from home, only within the LEA network.
    I think as long as the school has a policy in place to allow the access of SIMS data outside of the school this should be allowed - similar to confidential data been taking offsite in backup or staff laptop form. An easy answer from the LA is probably to ban the use of access externally - through systems in place in VLE's (SIMS webparts etc) this will become a lot more frequent in all schools / LA's.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread