+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Free Open Ghost in Technical; OK - I'm having a play with this and have run into a problem. I have Fedora 9 installed fine, ...

Thank Post

Free Open Ghost

OK - I'm having a play with this and have run into a problem.

I have Fedora 9 installed fine, FOG installed fine. TFTP service running on the Fedora box.

I am trying to do the first test recommended in the FOG wiki which is to run memtest on a PC. When I try to assign the task I get Unable to connect to tftp server.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Thank Post
    First you need to make sure you DHCP server is pointing at the fedora box for PXE requests. If you use Windows 2003 DHCP server do the following:

Open DHCP, navigate to Server>Scope Options
    You then need to add 2 entries in the options. Numbers 66 & 67. Number 66 needs to be the IP of the linux box and the other needs to be "pxelinux.0" without the quotes.

this should then boot the linux image when using network boot.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mcloum View Post
    First you need to make sure you DHCP server is pointing at the fedora box for PXE requests. If you use Windows 2003 DHCP server do the following:

Open DHCP, navigate to Server>Scope Options
    You then need to add 2 entries in the options. Numbers 66 & 67. Number 66 needs to be the IP of the linux box and the other needs to be "pxelinux.0" without the quotes.

this should then boot the linux image when using network boot.
    Thanks - I'd already done that. I'm not at the stage of booting a client yet. I am at this bit:

Testing your installation
    After login, click on the Hosts button (single computer monitor).

Then click on the Add New Host button. Enter at least a MAC address (seperated by and a hostname and click the Add button.

Now click on the Tasks button (the star).

Then click on List All Hosts and find the host you just created and click on the Advanced button.

Now under Advanced Actions click on Memtest86+ and confirm that you would like to start the task.

Now click on Active Tasks and you should see the task that you just created listed.

It works fine until I click confirm then instead of going into active tasks it says "Unable to contact tftp server"

Thank Post
    agh ok so its the server doing this and not the clients? Im not sure, i've not come across it. I know that a new version has just been released 0.18 so it maybe a bug, your best posting on their fourm and microleak will respond pretty quickly with an answer.

Have you changed the servers IP since installation? I know i had to; to get the installation to work through my firewall i had to give it an external IP and then switch it back. It could be something similar?

See here: SourceForge.net: Help

but this seems more like your problem: SourceForge.net:

Thank Post
    We have got an issue with using FOG, when we try to restore an image taken from one machine and restore it to another machine.

Basically the machine will not even try and boot when we deploy the new image. Yet there is a cloned partition on there as can examine and even logon using Recovery console if I boot from CD.

It would make more sense if it at least started booting and blue screened!

I have tried various image types within FOG, mainly tested the resizable NTFS image type, which is the recommended one.
    Has anyone managed to deploy a single image to multiple machines ?

If so any pointers? I am hoping that I missing something out here. This issue seems to also affect PING and some people got round it using Partition Magic.

Thank Post
    I have not solved the issue yet, but narrowed it down to a partimage mbr/partition issue.

Will post back more if I manage to crack it. Also have a thread on the fog sit tracking this issue.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread