+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Need help with Plasma screen install and audio on PE Suite in Technical; I need to put a Plasma screen in a PE suite. They want to be able to link a laptop ...
    Thank Post

Need help with Plasma screen install and audio on PE Suite

I need to put a Plasma screen in a PE suite. They want to be able to link a laptop to it as well as a DVD player. Also they plan to use the free view as well. It needs to be fitted to the wall and the cables run into a cupboard behind the wall which is where the DVD player and laptop will be kept. I'd also need to put speakers onto he wall that output from the Plasma maybe attached to a amp like the Promethean boards use.

Can anyone recommend a set up or more importantly recommend a company int the midlands that do this sort of thing.

Thank Post
    South or North Midlands? Brown And Fincher in Droitwich have done a number of IWB installs for us. They are a main Panasonic dealer and I can recommend them.

Thank Post
    Don't go for Plasma get a LCD instead more robust plus no screen burn with a static picture, a video splitter box could be your answer depending on the display. All our displays are fed by the network we used "Onelan" for the computer and software.

Thank Post
    I'm not sure if they cover the Midlands, but check out Scotia UK and United Carlton.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
    Don't go for Plasma get a LCD instead more robust plus no screen burn with a static picture, a video splitter box could be your answer depending on the display. All our displays are fed by the network we used "Onelan" for the computer and software.
    Plasma will be ok (and cheaper) if you get with an inbuilt screen refresh to stop the cells burning,personally i think the plasma loook better that LCD too. we just brought some new digital sinage from a compnay called nottingham av. They are fitted with a network box with ip belive they are cayin http://www.cayintech.com/downloads/BZAL00EN080304-s.pdf.

Thank Post
    Savilles Audio Visual are the guys to speak to. They did two conference theatres for my school about a couple of years back. They will quote, supply and fit.

If you want to do it yourself, a plasma or LCD with a VGA input would take from DVD (scart) freeview (second scart) and laptop (VGA). I would then have the audio from the TV into an amp and some decent speakers. Richer Sounds is a good place to be looking for all of the above. They will also be able to send you everything you need minus the laptop, with all the cabling so if you decide to do it yourself, that's a good place to be calling.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread