+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
How do you do....it? Thread, Movies to TV? in Technical; What about one of the portable media players that have a tv out such as the archos or Cowon iAudio ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,466 Posts
    What about one of the portable media players that have a tv out such as the archos or Cowon iAudio D2 16GB MP3 Player or the iubi Blue 30GB Bluetooth Media Player.

Ben

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    So if you play the AVI's directly on your PC the quality is ok, but when burning/converting to DVD it appears jerky? It could well be the conversion process and/or software you're using. I've used WinAVI which is very good and can recommend.
    That's about it. Unfortunately, i'm a bit blinkered when it comes to converting video as I usually just do the filming, then the editing, and then output to DVD; getting involved in converting to different formats (aside from Flash) isn't something I pay too much attention to.

I'll do some research into burning the AVI's a different way (like you suggest) and see if that cures the issue. Thanks!
    Last edited by theeldergeek; 23rd June 2008 at 01:23 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnantonnix View Post
    I've got a Neuros OSD.
    Oooh! Shiny! How much?

Though I have my doubts about ALL my media fitting on it (and the UK legality if ripping DVDs to the drive).

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    What about one of the portable media players that have a tv out such as the archos or Cowon iAudio D2 16GB MP3 Player or the iubi Blue 30GB Bluetooth Media Player.

Ben
    I've got an aged 30Gb Archos, but it fried my Vista install at the weekend - I have no idea what happened, but my PC went ape when I plugged the Archos in to the USB socket! Having spent the following 2 hours re-imaging the PC, the Archos is now an ornament.

As I keep the films on my NAS drives, playing directly from the network is preferred rather than having to copy from device to device, but, it is an option of course; thanks.

Bounced Users
    Thank Post
    xbmc is superb but the xbox cant handle HD properly (not enough power)

the 360 works well, but no support for mkv container and its really not worth the time and effort to convert the movies.

I still use my xbox/xbmc but know i will have to upgade soon i will make the jump when i see enough HD content available that i need a new TV as well.
    check out http://www.mpcclub.com/ these chaps know more they should about networked media players.

Thank Post
    I bought one of these

KJ Global Ltd. Rapsody N35 Network Media Player

Great little player - alternatively if you've got a PC hanging about - download GBPVR or MythTV and output from that.

Thank Post
    DVD Santa has alway converted AVI to DVD wel for me

Free version to try

dvdSanta: Burn Your Favorite Videos onto DVDs and watch them on TV!

I also have a popcorn hour

Welcome To Popcorn Hour

Popcorn Hour A-100 allows you to pull in digital video, audio and photos from various sources for your enjoyment on your HDTV or Home Theater setup.

You can stream or playback your digital media content from a variety of sources, such as your PC, NAS, digital camera, USB mass storage devices (Flash drive, HDD, DVD drive) , internal HDD* and even directly from the Internet via the Media Service Portal.

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by MyDejaVu View Post
    when someone refers to "'few' AVI's downloaded " what sort of videos would you think we are talking about in here...?
    Lack of apology noted...

Thank Post
    sorry to bump this one - been a while but after waiting and waiting i finally went with a popcorn hour a110 NMT from digital era

Buying one from the UK is not that easy.

i went for the PCH a110 as its made by the guys that do the firmware for the NMT range (networked media tank)

check out:
    Network Media Players

what media player you want all depends on what features you are after they all do the same thing as they all run off the same firmware but some have Esata / 3-1 card readers / svideo etc

Thank Post
    XBMC Media Center | Downloads for Mac, Windows and Linux

XBMC is now available for Windows / Linux / Mac so you can ditch the xbox and play HD content.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx2online View Post

As for going down the Xbox route, I'll investigate, but I think I'd prefer a retail 'off the shelf' option as I don't have a lot of time to give up to get this working if the Xbox option is in any way time consuming.

Thanks to all.
    It's not the cheapest option but you can buy an xbox360 for £130 these days and it will link up to your TV and play pretty much anything on your PC straight out of the box without any hassle.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by somabc View Post
    XBMC Media Center | Downloads for Mac, Windows and Linux

XBMC is now available for Windows / Linux / Mac so you can ditch the xbox and play HD content.
    yes the XBMC lads are certainly working hard - been using orginal xbmc for years.

The reason i went away from a HTPC setup is a lot can (and does) go wrong with a computer also kids/my wife will be using it so im after something simple.

i can certainly understand the need for one and i think the xbmc atlantis software is very good.

i did consider using a ps3 or xbox 360 but the media playback features are not as good as i need them to be

pick whats best for you - ive been ignoring the whole HD thing for a while..mainly due to the worry of where to store it all ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghaggis View Post
    It's not the cheapest option but you can buy an xbox360 for £130 these days and it will link up to your TV and play pretty much anything on your PC straight out of the box without any hassle.
    the noise is the single factor that puts me off - if its in my front room and im watchinga movie off it i dont want to hear the 360.
    even with a moddified xbox 360 and the drive slowed down to 2x speed its very loud (well for me anyway)
    but for the money u cant go wrong these days

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stl_support View Post
    the noise is the single factor that puts me off - if its in my front room and im watchinga movie off it i dont want to hear the 360.
    even with a moddified xbox 360 and the drive slowed down to 2x speed its very loud (well for me anyway)
    but for the money u cant go wrong these days
    I used to have a 360 (converted to PS3 now) and I have to say the noise never bothered me. But that just shows how loud the surround sound goes when I watch a movie! On my third set of neighbors in about 4 years

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    I used to have a 360 (converted to PS3 now) and I have to say the noise never bothered me. But that just shows how loud the surround sound goes when I watch a movie! On my third set of neighbors in about 4 years
    The 360 is LOUD but the PS3 is much quieter

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast