+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Electronic Voting Systems - Any Experiences? in Technical; I'm researching into these with a possiblility of buying for September and would much appreciate the benefit of anyone else's ...
    Thank Post

Electronic Voting Systems - Any Experiences?

I'm researching into these with a possiblility of buying for September and would much appreciate the benefit of anyone else's experience...
    Votech? Quizdom? Educlick? Hitachi? Any technical problems in day to day usage etc?
    TIA...

Thank Post

Re: Electronic Voting Systems - Any Experiences?

Using Quizdom here no problems apart from couldn't create an MSI that worked properly sadly it's a sitting at the workstation job. The creators promise a network version is coming soon. I think the main problem was it seems to install 101 plugins as it goes along.

Mainly wanted a MSI as the resources are easy to create so one of my schools had it installed on the comps in the IT suite so the children (Year 6) could make them for lower years.

It worked quite well just a pain sitting at 20 computers installing it. Made a Virtual CD to save time.

No real problems apart from the network bit.

Thank Post

this may be off subject, but I've been asked to investigate some feedback software for the parents,/pupils survey which is due in the next couple of months. moodle has a feedback module which seems to work quite well, though I forsee problems with parental user authentication. does anyone have any other ideas as to useful software. I feel like I'm chasing my tail at the moment.

Thank Post

We use Qwizdom here. We've found that it will crash very regularly for no apparent reason & will usually continue crashing until the machine is restarted.

Also, they've been promising a network version for a long time now & nothing's shown up. It is possible to network it as it stands though.

Rob C.

Thank Post

we have Synchoneyes (made by Smart), and its basically installed on a machine (teachers) and a client on the computers in that room, mapped to the teacher. in addition to the teacher being able to view the classroom from thier desk, they can take remote control and lock the internet on all/some machines, shutdown all/some of the machines, but it has an easy to use quiz maker. advantage is, no need for additional setup - as the quiz will only go out to the machines in that teaching group!!!!

Thank Post

NetSupport also has a voting system if you go down the software route rather than the hardware route. This would give some extra features for little (if any) more cost - destop control, Internet access control, application white-/blacklisting, etc.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseDog View Post
    Using Quizdom here no problems apart from couldn't create an MSI that worked properly sadly it's a sitting at the workstation job. The creators promise a network version is coming soon. I think the main problem was it seems to install 101 plugins as it goes along.

Mainly wanted a MSI as the resources are easy to create so one of my schools had it installed on the comps in the IT suite so the children (Year 6) could make them for lower years.

It worked quite well just a pain sitting at 20 computers installing it. Made a Virtual CD to save time.

No real problems apart from the network bit.
    We also have Qwizdom and are having difficulty getting it onto the network. I'm not a techie myself, so any advice on what to tell my network manager to do would be very much appreciated. At the moment we have had the stuff for 9 months and still no further to being able to use it because they wont install it without an msi they tell me :-(

Can someone help?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrguestict View Post
    We also have Qwizdom and are having difficulty getting it onto the network. I'm not a techie myself, so any advice on what to tell my network manager to do would be very much appreciated. At the moment we have had the stuff for 9 months and still no further to being able to use it because they wont install it without an msi they tell me :-(

Can someone help?
    Get the updated software from the website and install the MSI in there (it says 'DoNoRun' or something, but ignore that )

Thank Post
    Yeah we tried that sadly - apparrently this doesnt work on an RM CC3 network (although having said that I havent found many applications that do work on CC3 without a great deal of effort in the first place!)

Anyway the usual story Qwizdom claim RM have a modified msi for their product, RM deny all knowledge (even though we know there are schools out there who use Qwizdom through the RM Managed Service, and therefore there must be one).

Thus at the moment I still have the stuff sitting and waiting to be installed :-(

TheLibrarian
    LANSchool has voting in it, it works well here.

I know we have or have had Qwizdom here, and AFAIK it did not work very well.

I believe Promethean also offer a voting system and seeing as they are an EduGeek partner...

Thank Post
    The thing is, from a teacher point of view I've looked at pretty much all the different voting solutions, and found Qwizdom to be the best - in terms of its integration with powerpoint, the reports it generates, how easy it is to just get the set out and start using it (assuming you are well organised teacher of course) and more besides.

What I am finding is that most network managers seem to hate the thing because of the issues of installing across a network. This is the big issue with it as far as RM CC3 is concerned it seems.

TheLibrarian
    I don't have any evidence to back this up, but I would expect that the Promethean offering could be integrated into Powerpoint if you have Activstudio.

LANSchool doesn't integrate into Powerpoint at all.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    I just took delivery of my BETT Prize of a Genee World Interactive Voting System. My quick playing with the software and handsets it looks good and easily used but still awaiting the official training and then letting students loose on it, once that has been done then I can report more but so far looks good (and it supports Windows 7 )

Thank Post
    It is a long thread which lasts from 2006 to 2010 and my reply extends it two years longer,
    Which brand did you choose in the end?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread