+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Brother Laer Printers in Technical; Found this on another site......................... Brother lasers do seem to be an absolute waste of time and money. If you ...
    Thank Post

Brother Laer Printers

Found this on another site.........................

Brother lasers do seem to be an absolute waste of time and money. If you don't have Blu-tack, try painting Tip-Exx into the little holes.

I got this tip from http://www.epiicenter.com/consulting/toner.html which will also show the fix in pictures.

When you think how much money has been wasted in the past by the disposable of toner-filled cartridges.

Oh and by the way, the older and dirtier the printer gets, the quicker the toner warning will appear.

It's also worth resetting the drum counter ONCE. Brother's consumable warnings are conservative to the say the LEAST. (Open front cover, and hold button down till all three lights come on)

***** - "You DON'T need to see the screen!!" - *****

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Brother Laer Printers

i like borther printers never had nay problems with them might try resetting drum counter through....

Also this reminds me of this weeks bofh

http://www.theregister.com/2006/03/0...006_episode_9/

Russ

Thank Post

Seconded! Love the Brothers we have here

Andy

Thank Post

Yes we have Brothers as well and have never had any trouble with them.

Thank Post

got some MFCs at my place a i friggin hate em, cant comment on their lasers tho as have never used them but their inkjets suck. Got machines just outside of warranty with scrap print heads, poor print quality, eats ink at a formadable rate and get random "pls open cover" errors all the time.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 931 Posts

We use Brother Dot Matrix printers, the last two lasted about 18 years! So not bad at all!! We just replaced it last Easter, so here is to another 18 years of happy, worry free service!

Thank Post

**Shivers at the mere mention of Brother**

I used to work on their helpdesk before I came to the School here and there are a lot of common faults, mainly with certain MFC's -

Cant remember the model numbers off hand, but there is a certain error code to look out for...

Error 41

If you see this I would recommend you throw the printer out,, cos its a manufacturing fault with the print head cartridge, which will keep re-occurring every year or so...

The drum & toners are a bugger for paper jams along with the little tab on the drum to clean the corona wire (this is what fixes the toner to the paper) in that if its not clipped into the side of the drum u end up with a 1CM black line down the page

Brother wont touch the printer with a 10ft barge pole if you are using non-brother inks

If you have a brother printer, and it goes wrong, ditch it and get an HP or something.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,048 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gatt

I used to work on their helpdesk before I came to the School here and there are a lot of common faults, mainly with certain MFC's -

Cant remember the model numbers off hand, but there is a certain error code to look out for...

Error 41

If you see this I would recommend you throw the printer out,, cos its a manufacturing fault with the print head cartridge, which will keep re-occurring every year or so...

The drum & toners are a bugger for paper jams along with the little tab on the drum to clean the corona wire (this is what fixes the toner to the paper) in that if its not clipped into the side of the drum u end up with a 1CM black line down the page

Brother wont touch the printer with a 10ft barge pole if you are using non-brother inks

If you have a brother printer, and it goes wrong, ditch it and get an HP or something.
    My neighbour gave me his MFC after the very same thing. It turns out the ink is corrosive (or something) and destroys the print heads. I got Brother to swap out the heads, bu tby the sounds of it we'll be phoning them again soon. Ah well, shame though as it's a dammed fine MFC, with fax, LAN and all the bells and whistles you could wish for.

Thank Post

We are mainly brother based here, seem to stand up well to the kids, also the new ones have a decent keypad lock to stop playing fingers. the other good thing is that you dont have to throw out a perfectly good drum just because the toners run out (ala HP).

also most of the ones we have come with built in duplexers so we can save a bit of money there too.

in case your wondering we use 1250s, 1650/1850s (there the same) and we now have some new 6050DNs

Thank Post

We are mainly brother based here, seem to stand up well to the kids, also the new ones have a decent keypad lock to stop playing fingers. the other good thing is that you dont have to throw out a perfectly good drum just because the toners run out (ala HP).

also most of the ones we have come with built in duplexers so we can save a bit of money there too.

in case your wondering we use 1250s, 1650/1850s (there the same) and we now have some new 6050DNs

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,520 Posts

Started off with brothers at my last place the ones where the toner and drum were 2 seperate units that you clipped together. 1210's I think?

Used to have 2 in each room attached a jetdirect then used printer pooling on the print server worked quite well really.

One day one had such a huge jam that I had to get the service manual from brother which they emailed to me so I could completely take it apart after doing it a couple of times it was second nature.

Ben

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gatt

Error 41

Yup yup been there done that, if you google brother error 41 you get some rather big threads about it. As for the model numbers, im gonna guess at a 4820C being the culprit.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by E1uSiV3

Yup yup been there done that, if you google brother error 41 you get some rather big threads about it. As for the model numbers, im gonna guess at a 4820C being the culprit.
    Yup, one of many..

FAX-1800C, MFC-3100C, MFC-580, MFC-5100C, MFC-590, MFC-5200C, MFC-890, MFC-3220C, MFC-3320CN, MFC-3420C, MFC-3820CN, FAX-1815C, FAX-1820C, FAX-1920CN, MFC-4420C, MFC-4820C, DCP-4020C, MFC-3200C

If you have any of the above, then you'be probably already encountered this at least once.. my advise would be to chuck 'em as soon as you can..

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread