+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Problems printing A4 borderless with Photoshop/HP k8600dn in Technical; Hello All, Right, so I've just taken delivery of my shiny new HP Officejet Pro k8600dn printer. It's capable of ...

Thank Post

Problems printing A4 borderless with Photoshop/HP k8600dn

Hello All,

Right, so I've just taken delivery of my shiny new HP Officejet Pro k8600dn printer. It's capable of printing A3+ borderless images at photo quality, so I'm testing it out with a few A4 prints (nipped upstairs to the A-level art room with a camera and light tent and got some nice abstract art photos). I've also just bought a copy of Photoshop Elements to process RAW images from the camera (Canon 400D).

I've shot four different photos in an identical manner - same camera and settings. I'm printing with Photoshop Elements. For some odd reason, one picture always prints out with a white border at the bottom. The other photos print out just fine. I've tried saving the images in 24-bit BMP format and printing with the Windows printing wizard and I get the same problem. The BMP images are exactly the same size - same disk space, same pixel width and height. The only difference that I can see is that the BMP image that is giving me problems reports (in the Windows finder "summary" tab) as 194 DPI whereas the other reports as 239 DPI.

Anyone any ideas as to why this is happening? Can anyone recommend a nice, simple way to get the darned printer to just do what I tell it?

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    I can't think of any reason related to the printer except spooler or RAM size but given that this is an inkjet that shouldn't be an issue.

Only thing I can think is that something went or is awry with the image and/or camera itself..

have you tried opening it in another graphics package?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by contink View Post
    spooler or RAM size
    Windows XP machine with 2GB of RAM connected to the printer via the network port - hmm, something network related?

Only thing I can think is that something went or is awry with the image and/or camera itself..
    Can't have done - shouldn't make any difference anyway, I opened the RAW image in Photoshop and saved the processed pictures as 24-bit uncompressed BMP files. They should be exactly the same!

Hmm, haven't actually tried printing from MS Paint, I assumed it wouldn't work very well... I could try GIMP or Paint.net, I guess.

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Another mystery to make life "fun"... If I have any sudden insights I'll let you know...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread