+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
How do you do....it? Thread, What are your reporting methods? in Technical; For anyone looking to implement Request Tracker on a windows based server http://www.netvigilance.com/winrt has a download including working email support. ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 1,460 Posts

Re: What are your reporting methods?

For anyone looking to implement Request Tracker on a windows based server http://www.netvigilance.com/winrt has a download including working email support. The windows download linked in the RT docs seems to be unavailable at the moment.

Ok having tried this version I can't recommend it as it doesn't appear to work either on my home 2K machine or windows 2003 server at work. I have a copy of the latest windows installer from the original page which does work if anyone needs it.

Only thing I need to get working now is the email side of the tickets.

Ben

Thank Post

Re: What are your reporting methods?

Just to update if anyone is thinking of trying this on windows. I now have the email submission and creation of tickets working. What I had to do was to actually do a cygwin install then run cygwin once to setup the profiles etc.. for the user I was logged in as. For testing this is local administrator but when I change it to a different user then I would imaging I would have to rerun cygwin for that user.

Once this was done fetchmail works fine and downloads messages and creates the tickets, what isn't working at the moment is the SMTP replies when tickets are created, amended and closed.

Ben

Thank Post

Helpdesk

We have found HappyFox to be useful for managing and solving our client requests. The web-based tool integrates with our email and website, and converts incoming requests into tickets. HappyFox helps us to categorize tickets into different categories/departments based on type of client request. The affordable pricing plans has also helped us keep our costs under check.

Thank Post
    Raised from the dead, head shot for the zombie please.

Ben

Thank Post
    i dont think the CDNOTS plays very nice with new versions of IIS as i having been tinkering with Liberum to put it into one of our primary feeders, as it simple to look at and used which is something other bug tracking/helpdesk software isnt.
    shame they appeared to stop developing it.

Thank Post
    We have used the Glpi Free helpdesk for a couple of years ( oneZero before that ) Last september we told all staff that requests have to be submitted on the helpdesk. If they ring - they are asked to put it on the help desk, if they e-mail - they are asked to put it on the helpdesk, if they stop us - they are asked to put it on the helpdeks.

If it's not on the helpdesk - it's not getting done.

Proved to be totaly invaluable.

Rob

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,921 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We have a helpdesk in place, and all requests must go through it - unless it is urgent, in which case we add it to the helpdesk ourselves.

It allows for us to track issues, and also gives us accountability when someone says 'I told them about X 7 years ago and it still isn't fixed'; we can check the helpdesk for such a request and if it isn't there, then it is the end user's fault for not reporting it correctly.

On top of this, a helpdesk allows us to show that our workload has been steadily increasing since September, so that we can then justify changes being made or a new member of staff.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12