+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
How do you do....it? Thread, onelan templates in Technical; The different templates are in the schedule along with the default, which is to turn it off at 6pm. I ...

Thank Post
    The different templates are in the schedule along with the default, which is to turn it off at 6pm. I did manage to sync it in the afternoon and it was running OK, but at 7:30am the following morning it didn't turn on again. It was as though the default (turn it off) was still running. A bit naughty as there was an OFSTED inspection happening, so when I got the call I just told them how to audition a template to get by.

Thank Post
    hmm sounds strange. Can you please create a support snapshot for me and mail.

Go to: SETUP | SUPPORT TASKS | CREATE SUPPORT SNAPSHOT and email that ZIP file to us?

Thank Post
    Thanks, will do when I'm in school later today.

Thank Post
    Forgot to reply on this. I installed the latest version of software and had a quick chat with support, who sorted it out extremely quickly. Thanks to him.

Thank Post
    I should have added that when I got it looking all whizzy with help from here, senior management noticed the screen - it's not in the foyer and not on their day to day routes. I just did it basically. Yes, you've guessed - can it be changed such that ...... etc etc etc. NO, NO, NO it's alright as it is. Just give me the info and I'll update it. Such a lovely box of tricks, I could spend all day playing with it and the templates would be changing every minute to cater for everybody's wishes. I ask you.

Thank Post

NTB60- help with scheduling and playlisting

Hi everyone,

We just had out Onelan NTB60 installed with a 32" LCD screen. I designed the graphics but the layouts and zones was done by the people who installed it. I wasnt sure how to edit the xml files.

It's for a primary school, I've attached a copy of the layout, if anyone wants to use it I can share it with you guys.

I'm new to this whole digital signage and not sure how to use the schedules and playlists. I've ran out of my ICT budget and couldnt afford the training. For some of the zones I wanna playlist birthdays week by week and I want it to automatically change when the date approaches. Can someone help me with this please? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post
    For some of the zones I wanna playlist birthdays week by week and I want it to automatically change when the date approaches.
    I'm not sure that is possible to be honest, at least not in the version I've used. V6 has some new scheduling features so if you have that version you may well be able to do what you want.

Thank Post
    Maybe we could have an edugeek onelan template?

I don't personally have one at my school but i thought that that would be a useful template to have created?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    I'm not sure that is possible to be honest, at least not in the version I've used. V6 has some new scheduling features so if you have that version you may well be able to do what you want.
    Thanks for your reply Edu-IT. It's get the latest v6.2 fw

Say for instances i wanted some messages to come on during the morning and then not come on until tomorrow, would i need to create another layout and schedule it for that time and have another layout scheduled for the rest of the times?

They should have just allowed for scheduling of each file/folder to be to be scheduled so you can specify the date and time it comes on without timing the layout.

Does anyone know how to add a caption to image/video zone please? I desperately need this.

Thank Post

Scheduling etc

Hi Deeplu

The feature you require is using Master Slave synchronisation. The first thing you need to do is click on options on the Home page and make yourself an advanced/detailed user. You then need to use/create two zones. One for the images and one for the text. The images and text items need to have an identical name. i.e: image1.jpg / image1.txt. You then need to add the images into a folder and the folder into a playlist as a folder play item. You do this by clicking ADD FOLDER rather than ADD next to the image. You then add the text items that are relevant to the images and add them as a folder play items into the text zone. Once you have done this click edit in the playlist next to the text items and you will see a tab: folder synchronisation. click master to slave zone. Then do the same in the image zone and click slave rather than master. This should then relate the text to the relevant images.

If you can send me your details or contact our office 01491 411 400 I will send you our new user manual which will give you some helpful feedback on our system. We also run free training courses at our offices in Henley on Thames.

Hope this is clear and helps.

11. Thanks to chriswood from:

deepblu (10th November 2008)

Thank Post

scheduling

We will also be launching a schedule feature for items added to a playlist. So you can edit an item to start and finish within a playlist. Once it has finished it will disappear out of the playlist. Should be out soon.

Thank Post
    Hey,
    just been looking at the onelan
    and im very impresseed but cant find any pricing!
    Anone please. they look really good we have 4 lcd screens all over school
    currently showing a simple powerpoint of the daily dinner menu.

Thank Post
    is that going to be a firmware update Chris? i tried the master slave synchronisation using your instruction and info on this page http://onelanftp.co.uk/support/user_advanced_synch.html but it didnt work.

I created a .txt file with same name as the video file and placed it in the same folder. would that be an issue?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chriswood View Post
    Hi Deeplu

The feature you require is using Master Slave synchronisation. The first thing you need to do is click on options on the Home page and make yourself an advanced/detailed user. You then need to use/create two zones. One for the images and one for the text. The images and text items need to have an identical name. i.e: image1.jpg / image1.txt. You then need to add the images into a folder and the folder into a playlist as a folder play item. You do this by clicking ADD FOLDER rather than ADD next to the image. You then add the text items that are relevant to the images and add them as a folder play items into the text zone. Once you have done this click edit in the playlist next to the text items and you will see a tab: folder synchronisation. click master to slave zone. Then do the same in the image zone and click slave rather than master. This should then relate the text to the relevant images.

If you can send me your details or contact our office 01491 411 400 I will send you our new user manual which will give you some helpful feedback on our system. We also run free training courses at our offices in Henley on Thames.

Hope this is clear and helps.
    I'm sure somebody said before that the UI was being redesigned. Is this true?

Thank Post
    Hi Chris, I tried the master-slave synchronisation but it didn't work. Also rang Onelan about the updated user manual but I was told there is only a quick start guide. Could I possibly email you our school details and post one out to me please?

I need some help with changing some of the decoration on our template to make it more seasonal. What would be the easiest way to do it? I'm proficient with Photoshop and can make all the changes without adjusting the layout itself. How would I uploaded once I have saved the image as either .jpg or .png.

Thanks in advance.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast