+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, What is maximum size of a document can be printed? in Technical; Hi guys, I need your help. I m trying to find out maximum size of a document that I can ...
    Thank Post

Unhappy What is maximum size of a document can be printed?

Hi guys,

I need your help. I m trying to find out maximum size of a document that I can print from HP Business Inkjet 1200. We have realized that when we print big size document like 20MB it wont print. And stacking the queue. Any idea?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Docuement size really shouldn't be an issue with an inkjet as it's only got to hold a small amount of data, where a laser needs the whole page.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by onder View Post
    Hi guys,

I need your help. I m trying to find out maximum size of a document that I can print from HP Business Inkjet 1200. We have realized that when we print big size document like 20MB it wont print. And stacking the queue. Any idea?

Thanks
    More likely to be a problem with your print spooler which is a local service on your PC or on your printserver.

You could try playing with the settings in the advanced tab of your printer properties and try printing immediately or once spooled... You might also want to defrag your drive or move the spooler location to a drive with more space.. Pretty sure the topic has come up a few times that you can search and find more details on other threads.

Thank Post
    Convert the big document as a pdf to reduce the size and then send the pdf to the printer?

Thank Post
    Thanks for replies. I dont get how spooler can effect the printer in bad way. When small size of amount documents are printed there is no problem with printing. However if there is some big document it makes problem. Printer itself has 32MB RAM. And when we send prints more than this size spooler comes for help ( if I am wrong correct me please). So still didnt get relation with spooler. So again if I ask my question: Any recommendation what is the best size to print document for Business Inkjet 1200dn.

Thanks
    Last edited by onder; 27th March 2008 at 03:05 PM.

Thank Post
    The reason I suggested the spooler is that that's the doohickey that stores the file on the hard drive in temp space, drip feeding it to the printer. If the printer has sufficient RAM but it's still not getting the actual print job then the spooler is where I'd look.

If anything I would have thought that spooler was the first port of call as that can kill everything printer wise if there's problems.

Thank Post
    Hi again,
    After your recommendations and made some research on the internet I understand that this problem is not only related the spooler. OK inkjet printer works different in terms of using memory. However there is still relation between size of buffer and printed document.

Let me make my question like this; the printer has 32 MB RAM and I am trying to print 5 x 70MB documents through the network printer. During the print process printer stopped printing and queue get stacked. Do you think this is related to spooler on server side or local worksation side or memory of the printer?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 977 Posts
    If you stop the print spooler and Then go to

C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\PRINTERS

and delete the files

Then start the print spooler again.

To stop and or start the print spooler you can do this in two ways.

method one :

go to start --> run and type cmd and press enter or click on ok

a command prompt should open, type

NET STOP SPOOLER

or

NET START SPOOLER

Method two

go to start --> run and type services.msc

and find the print spooler service and right click on it and click stop or start.

You can also get to the services snap in by going to control panel -> admin tools and opening the services in there.

Then see if printing a large document is an issue

Not sure if this will help but thought it was worth mentioning

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by onder View Post
    Hi again,
    After your recommendations and made some research on the internet I understand that this problem is not only related the spooler. OK inkjet printer works different in terms of using memory. However there is still relation between size of buffer and printed document.

Let me make my question like this; the printer has 32 MB RAM and I am trying to print 5 x 70MB documents through the network printer. During the print process printer stopped printing and queue get stacked. Do you think this is related to spooler on server side or local worksation side or memory of the printer?

Thanks
    i personally think it has less to do with the size of the documents, more to do with what you're trying to print (i.e lots of color and color images) and the fact you're using an inkjet.

I think 70MB is an awfully large file to be printing. Our oki laser printers have 64MB of RAM and they start printing the first pages of very large documents (150+ pages) with mainly text and a little bit of color not long after they've been sent by the host. In contrast a single full color print in a particular application of maybe 9 or 10meg in size will take an eternity... the job itself on the host is completed by the app realtively quickly, but you can see the job progessing on the print spooler which is located on a Windows Server 2003 box and it takes quite a while. Some printers will allow you to increase the buffer size, and also some laser printers have a hard disk option aswell. I'm not sure it's just a spooler issue.

I'd like the answer to what is best practice for print spooling/serving and printer specs. I've done a bit of digging on the internet and found out a little a bit about the role of the print spooler, and how it should be on it's own partition and have sufficient space. But if the print spooler does have sufficient space when do you need to start looking at the printer spec or tinkering with things like buffer size if that actualy makes any difference or adding hard disks to laser printers.
    Last edited by torledo; 31st March 2008 at 01:43 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread