+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, File copy tool in Technical; Hey all, I remember at my old school one of the technicians used some kins of file copy tool to ...
    kerrymoralee9280

File copy tool

Hey all,

I remember at my old school one of the technicians used some kins of file copy tool to copy the files of an RM build disk to a USB pen - sounds simple I know, but what was special about it was it changed any references in the build files from A:\ to C:\ meaning it can be used on a USB pen successfully.

Does anyone know of this software and where I might find it?

Thank Post
    Sorry to just give you a link but this page seems to say some useful things about this: http://www.bootdisk.com/pendrive.htm

There is also an RM knowledge base article about this: http://www.rm.com/Support/TechnicalA...cref=TEC134761

Haven't got any experience with this though, sorry :-//

Cheers
    Jona

Thank Post
    You're probably talking about the RM Minisafe pro format utility which allows you to choose which kind of device it is recognised as. Try searching for "DWN255770" on the RM website, which should bring up the relevant tec article with download link.

kerrymoralee9280
    Thanks for the links but it doesn't quite fill my needs so I'll clarify a little:

I have a 512mb pen (Sony Micro Vault) and I don't want to format it to emulate a floppy (as RM recommends). I want the pen to emulate a HDD (as C:\). I can do this but I cannot copy the RM Build disk files accross. This is because in these files it has paths to A:\ and my pen is mapped to c:\

I remember the technician had some software that just copied the files and changed the A: to C: so it then worked.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrymoralee9280 View Post
    I have a 512mb pen (Sony Micro Vault) and I don't want to format it to emulate a floppy (as RM recommends). I want the pen to emulate a HDD (as C:\). I can do this but I cannot copy the RM Build disk files accross. This is because in these files it has paths to A:\ and my pen is mapped to c:\
    Do you simply need a tool that does a find-and-replace A:\ to C:\? Would grep (for windows) work?

--
    David Hicks

kerrymoralee9280
    Grep possibly would work - was just wondering if anyone knows of this tool I was on about,

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread