+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Librium - Some help please? in Technical; Hi. Ive been trying to get Librium to work on our IIS for about a week now, but i cant ...

Thank Post

Librium - Some help please?

Hi.
    Ive been trying to get Librium to work on our IIS for about a week now, but i cant get it working. .

Ive got it configured, due to other websites being on the IIS, to have an address of:
    http://localhost:7000

Now, if i goto "http://localhost:7000/setup.asp" i get the update database/languages screen as specified by the readme, the 'install' option appears to work correctly.

However, when i goto the next step, which is supposidly "http://localhost:7000/admin" i get a page cannot be displayed error?

Can anyone help me, as i'd really like to get this setup.

Thanks in advance all. .
    Last edited by boomam; 4th March 2008 at 12:53 PM.

Thank Post
    Got it working.
    But im none too impressed with it.
    The users cant set their own prioritys nor can they see the overall problem list.

Do any of the other helpdesks do this?

Thank Post
    Users can see their own problems, but not the whole list of current problems in the hlpdesk. Unless there is a way of changing the group settings.

Haven't really played around with it, works fine for us.

Thank Post

Some issues

As a helpdesk, it is up to the Help desk manager to allocate tasks to the team and to set priorities - that is how we use it. It works fine for us and the access database is easy to manipulate for reports and queries. The one thing I have struggeled with is to get the date format correct for the UK. If anyone knows the definitive answer and can supply the changed .asp file or the scripts for the files, I would be grateful. Thanks.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boomam View Post
    The users cant set their own prioritys nor can they see the overall problem list.
    Users always set priority to high because everyone thinks their little problem is THE most important problem you have. having the technical team set priority's is the standard method as it is part of our job to prioritise jobs.

As for the overall problem list - users do not need to see this in my oppinion, they only need to see their own problems - but it would be nice for SMT to be able to see a summary of problems.

If your not that impressed with Liberum which someone spent many hours creating - go spend some money and buy a helpdesk.

Butuz

Thank Post
    However, when i goto the next step, which is supposidly "http://localhost:7000/admin" i get a page cannot be displayed error?
    I set up Liberum ages ago. I can't remember much of what I did to get it working though.

If you look through the folders on the IIS intranet server, is the admin folder actually there?
    Last edited by OverWorked; 4th March 2008 at 03:52 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Butuz View Post
    Users always set priority to high because everyone thinks their little problem is THE most important problem you have. having the technical team set priority's is the standard method as it is part of our job to prioritise jobs.
    True. But if they can see what ive reset them too, or even any priority level given to it, which afaik they cant see anyway, it'd be helpfull as it'd eventually give them some perspective.

If your not that impressed with Liberum which someone spent many hours creating - go spend some money and buy a helpdesk.
    Why so funny?

Quote Originally Posted by OverWorked View Post
    I set up Liberum ages ago. I can't remember much of what I did to get it working though.

If you look through the folders on the IIS intranet server, is the admin folder actually there?
    It was a issue in IIS management, something like 'set allow parent paths'. Once that was on it worked fine. .

Thank Post
    It was a issue in IIS management, something like 'set allow parent paths'. Once that was on it worked fine.
    I vaguely remember something about that. Glad you got it working.

I've been using Liberum for 3 or 4 years now. It's not perfect, but it's good enough for my needs.

One thing to watch is the date formats. You can set it to use British formats, but when searching jobs, you have to enter the dates in American format even though the drop-down menus are set up for the British format. (ie the days are numbered just 1-12, and the months numbered 1-31). Just set a wide range and it'll work.

Thank Post
    Im quite pleased with the NT Authorisation support.
    Thats quite nifty, as it's one less barrier to the staff. .

I originally set it as a per-department login, with two logins for myself and my part time colleague.
    But i enabled NT Authorisation, and it works arguably better now. .

Is there a way to stop 'email' being a required field? as we're just not gonna use that here?

Thank Post
    Is there a way to stop 'email' being a required field? as we're just not gonna use that here?
    I don't know either. If you find out, please let me know!

Although I've used it for three years, I haven't been able to get staff to use it, except for a couple of exceptions. That's the real challenge. I have to manually record all their verbal requests on it myself, just so I can keep track of them.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OverWorked View Post
    I don't know either. If you find out, please let me know!

Although I've used it for three years, I haven't been able to get staff to use it, except for a couple of exceptions. That's the real challenge. I have to manually record all their verbal requests on it myself, just so I can keep track of them.
    Ive found that setting the default for that field to something random like fred@fred.com allows them to skip over it, but nothing that allows them to skip it completely.

Ive been talking to the SMTs at our place, get the staff to log everything but critical on the helpdesk, allowing me to refuse all other forms.
    Ive only seen 2 of the 4 SMT, but they've both said yes, quite convincingly, upto now.

Thank Post
    Why not? surely its fairly useful for staff to be emailed when theres an update on their problem? If we didnt have it here, they would never go back and look when we need more info

Thank Post
    Oh i'd like to use it, but we dont have an exchange server here, all of our mail is done through our LEA's imail service, which they hardly access how it is.

We do technically have an email system, on our VLE, that limits the mail to fly around on the VLE only, so ive been quizzing the tech guys at our VLE if its possible for us to use that with the helpdesk software.

Thank Post
    Hi

I am trying to implement Liberum, which is kinda working fine, the problem I have is we have different levels of permission (as we all do), under our techy accounts, everything work great, but under a teacher account, when the email function is activated (send a new ticket) we get a "permission Denied" error.

We are using CDONTS as its free.

Any ideas, I dont want to give teachers more access.

Thanks

Scot

Thank Post
    Do you have an email server?
    From what i gathered a while back, if the user has the relevent access to send/recieve emails, then the only thing preventing Librium from not sending mail, is incorrect server settings in its config?

Have you searched the Librium forums?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread