+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Librium or Exo - Help Desk software. in Technical; Hi. I want to get some helpdesk software implemented here to help with my every increasing work load. Im pretty ...

Thank Post

Librium or Exo - Help Desk software.

Hi.
    I want to get some helpdesk software implemented here to help with my every increasing work load. Im pretty sure i can get the backing of the SMT/HT with regards to staff usage.

What i'd like is a system where users can submit the problem, see what they've submitted in the past, and see if it the ticket has been closed/open/etc;
    And also see a list of all tasks that i currently have.

From my point of view, i'd like to be able to prioritise the tickets myself, delete, change, move, etc; the tickets, and also have a 'private' ticket area for me to put in tasks that the staff dont need to see.

Which helpdesk software would suit my needs.
    Oh, and it preferably has to run on an IIS. .

Thanks everyone..

Thank Post
    We use spiceworks in our school. Works very well... Not to sure about the hiding of jobs though. But the staff that are logging the calls can't see everything else though... Best yet it is free.

Thank Post
    Librium is awesome, we use it all the time - we have finally got most of the staff to use it as well.

Some of the stuff they put in, just makes you laugh!

Thank Post
    At my old school we used Liberium and it was a good system.
    At my new job we use an in-house system, which is a little simpler, and doesn't allow end users to log thier own support calls.
    This can be found on these forums somewhere if you search for Bournside helpdesk

Thank Post
    Where I was at I implemented Liberum to replace OTRS. It worked well but when I left we were still having issues trying to get staff to use it. It was being used primarily as a logging system for the IT staff and ticket management within the IT Services department.

Two years since I left now so I don't know what it's like any more.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the replys everyone. .

We use spiceworks here, but its GUI runs like a dog at time, so its not really feasible.

I had a bash at getting Librium to work, but had nothing but problems. .

Thank Post
    Internet Software sciences provide a really good free one for up to 3 techie logins. It has full integration to AD too for single sign-on. We use it just for our staff members to log calls but its brilliant. Really easy to setup in IIS, instructions are really good too for a free piece of software.

Download it from http://www.inet-sciences.com/

I did try Liberum on a recommendation from a friend but I found it very awkward to setup and it went pear shaped!

Still not looked back since I installed this Inet Sciences one, give it a go!

Thank Post

Request Tracker

We use Request Tracker at our school. Works well. You can integrate it into the school email system as well so people are updated about a jobs progress.

http://bestpractical.com/rt/

Thank Post
    Dont forget MyLittleHelpdesk if your looking for a free easy to use windows based helpdesk, very feature rich and driven by the guys on this very forum.

The demo can be found @ http://www.mylittlehelpdesk.co.uk/demo

There is a very big thread on the forum here -> http://www.edugeek.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9198

Thank Post

web based helpdesk software

If you are looking for a web based helpdesk software - you can try Help desk software - PHP based Support Ticket Software & System - Helpdesk Pilot which has a free edition and as well as commercial editions. It is fairly easy to use and quick to setup.

There are a few open source tools like OS ticket which are worth a shot too.

Thank Post
    I did look at alot of these products including the helpdesk component for Joomla and some expensive solutions but have decided to give libernum a try.

Works with my exchange server to email jobs around and send updates and all users are automatically created.

Testing it on Access but if its any good I'll move to SQL.

Thank Post
    Im wondering how much of a performance difference there is for moving to SQL, as its pretty fast how it is?

My only problem with the program, is how the 'menu shortcuts' are at the bottom of each page meaning i have to scroll down to get to them on problem reports (would prefer at top). And how certain fields are mandatory when i dont want/need them to be.
    And the ability to remove problems completely without editing it out of the Db manually would be good as well.

But despite all that, im still very pleased with it..

Thank Post
    Polar Help Desk - a great web-based helpdesk solution designed for Windows Servers. This software is intended for small businesses who need to organize or improve their customer support. There is great team of engineering’s that are working on that product for a couple of years. You can find and download the free version at www.polarsoftware.com. It's fully featured and free for commercial usage, 1 technician and unlimited end users..

Feature-rich
    • Incident management
    • Knowledge Base
    • Email integration
    • Active Directory integration
    • Service Level Management
    • Reports
    • Multiple languages support

Clear user-friendly interface. Support is provided on 24 x 7 through the help desk or chat. Set your online customer support fast and easy. We are confident you will enjoy our help desk support software. If you are interested in codes for this great product, you have ability to buy the source code with unlimited technicians.

www.polarsoftware.com

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread