+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Surf Control for Isa 2004 in Technical; Can somebody help me create the following groups in surf controls 1 - A group that has web access 2 ...

Thank Post

Surf Control for Isa 2004

Can somebody help me create the following groups in surf controls

1 - A group that has web access
    2 - Another Group that we can add users to if we want to take away their internet access.
    3 Another group that only allows sites from our white list within certain hours.
    4 Another group with a list of banned sites.
    5 Also to customise the unathorised log if possible i would like it to display the persons username or name or computer with a message insted aof the default one.

Thanks.

Thank Post

Groups

Quote Originally Posted by Neville View Post
    Can somebody help me create the following groups in surf controls

1 - A group that has web access
    2 - Another Group that we can add users to if we want to take away their internet access.
    3 Another group that only allows sites from our white list within certain hours.
    4 Another group with a list of banned sites.
    5 Also to customise the unathorised log if possible i would like it to display the persons username or name or computer with a message insted aof the default one.

Thanks.
    Hi Neville,

You need to create the rules with appropriate categories on the where tab and then under who you can create Who lists to narrow down on groups of users.

I'm assuming your isa server is joined to the domain, this is a requirement for seamless internet access. When classing users into groups use the NT objects rather than the Active Directory (the AD thing dosen't work) and use the groups in your AD to be inlcuded in the Who list groups. You can also add individual users to the group as well.

For the users who are not allowed internet access deny them access to all categories and when create a who list with the group from NT objects and create another rule and add the who list to the who section. You can have a group in AD called No Internet Access and add/remove users as needed.

For the specific you need to have another rule with time restrictions and a where lists which contains the websites you want to allow (i.e. your whitlist) and add the where lists to the where section of the rule.

To modify the default deny page edit the page and copy all code (html) and then create another deny page and paste the code and ammend the html code as necessary. Once you done this use the new deny page in the appropriate rules.

If you haven;t upgraded, upgrade to SurfControl 5.5 and apply SP2 and all post SP2 fixes.

HTH,

Ash.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ashok View Post
    (the AD thing dosen't work)
    It does. At least it did here.
    As Ashok said.

But what i did was create groups in SurfControl that linked to groups in AD.
    So Pupils, Staff, etc;
    Then i just added the groups/users to the various rules as needed.
    Effectivly giving me the ability to limit users however i see fit.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread