+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Budget Plan - Anyone share their's? in Technical; Part of my PM this year was to produce a budget plan. Having never done or seen one, does anyone ...
    Thank Post

Budget Plan - Anyone share their's?

Part of my PM this year was to produce a budget plan. Having never done or seen one, does anyone have a template or one they could share with me?

I'm all spent up so it wont make a great deal of difference but need to tick a box.

Thanks in advance!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,559 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sanitised copy of mine, with costs removed: Bid - ICT Budget 2013-14 ACADEMIC BLANKED.xlsx

Ties in with the other spreadsheet I have that tracks spending in the same categories that I make requests under e.g. if I buy a GPU, I log it under HW Maintenance, if I buy a toner, I log it under printers etc. so that when it comes time to put a bid in, I can get the actuals with a few clicks.

The first column logs what was spent last year (just a figure typed in), the second column logs what I'm requesting, the fourth then shows the +/- % and highlights accordingly in green/red, then there's a column as explanation.

The projects section doesn't have a previous year figure for each line, as projects change annually, but I put in the total figure from last year for comparison's sake.

Would obviously need amending to suit what categories you log against, you may break down into more or less detail, you may choose to categorise things differently etc. but it gives you a format to work from, and our Head of Finance is happy with it.

3. Thanks to sonofsanta from:

jamin100 (15th July 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread