+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Papercut Is it possible to have only Shared Accounts Charged - not Users? in Technical; Hi. We are new Papercut users. SLT want us to Charge Shared Accounts only - not Users i.e. Users will ...

Thank Post

Papercut Is it possible to have only Shared Accounts Charged - not Users?

Hi.

We are new Papercut users.

SLT want us to Charge Shared Accounts only - not Users i.e. Users will not have an any credit at all only the department(s) they belong to.

Therefore, do we give all the Users a balance of zero and restrict them?

Then do we make sure that their group(s), picked up from AD, are attached to created Shared Accounts (already done this). Then do we do all the assignment of Charging and restrictions through the shared accounts section?

Any help appreciated - I think we're almost there but this last step has me slightly confused.

Thank Post
    In users: Set their account balance to £0.00 and restricted. Then further down, choose Allow user to select shared accounts (from list) or Allow user to select shared accounts (using PIN/code). Untick Allow user to charge to their personal account . Make sure that you've chosen the option to show the standard account selection popup. Then in accounts create all your shared accounts and set security on those accounts as to who can use them. You can either do this by AD group or by user.
    Last edited by Edu-IT; 24th June 2014 at 04:39 PM.

Thank Post
    Set up shared accounts i.e. Maths dept, then go into user settings and bulk user actions and set balance to zero and tick the option allowing them to charge to a shared account which will in turn allow them to find the department they wish to charge to from the drop down list in the client software. You will also need to go into the security settings in the shared account and add a grouping that you have created in AD which will allow people to charge to that account.

We have all our departments in groupings on AD and use these to assign them to the specific shared accounts, to do it simply put all your staff into a STAFF group and all your Students in a STUDENT group and assign them that way, or you get more detailed and separate staff according to department

Our set up has two accounts for each department. 1 for staff and 1 for students, staff access it through a drop down list and students through a pin code!

Hope this helps

Thank Post
    We've done that buy vice versa. Pupils can pick from a drop down, staff have to know the pin.

Thank Post
    Well my thought was the staff should be trusted to choose the correct department, also keeping cover teachers happy not having to know 15 codes, where as students cant just pick a department randomly. The pin codes for our student shared accounts change hourly, thanks to MircodigitUK, so a member of staff has to issue them with the correct pin code for that lesson.

Thank Post
    Thanks guys. I will try this out and it confirms what I thought as to how to carry this out. Great to get reassurance

Thank Post
    On another note: I've just had a meeting with our business manager and strategies have changed from a £5 a month restricted strategy to untrestricted printing but charged for on a monthly basis.
    Is the best way to run with this to set the balance at zero in shared accounts, reset to zero on a monthly basis and then have the charging report done on a monthly basis?

Thank Post
    Don't forget to deploy the PaperCut PC client to the computers so if the users have access to more than 1 account they can pick it.

Thank Post
    Yes thanks, I've got the client working fine.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pingleict View Post
    On another note: I've just had a meeting with our business manager and strategies have changed from a £5 a month restricted strategy to untrestricted printing but charged for on a monthly basis.
    Is the best way to run with this to set the balance at zero in shared accounts, reset to zero on a monthly basis and then have the charging report done on a monthly basis?
    Any thoughts on this. I think I've gone the wrong route here. Everyone's balance is showing ----- because I set everone to zero last night and unrestricted. . Just to repeat, I need to get a scenario of unrestricted printing with charging every month for each shared account.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread