+ Post New Thread
How do you do....it? Thread, Slueth in Technical; Do any of you use this product? If so, how do you install it on all of your systems- MSI ...

Thank Post

Slueth

Do any of you use this product? If so, how do you install it on all of your systems- MSI through GPSI, stand-alone, or some other way?

I ask because there is no *obvious* MSI option on the disk and the school would like to get this out to all admin systems (150 of them). Stand alone installs don't look too appealing at this point!

Thanks,

Paul

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Slueth

Hi

We use this, but only on about 3 machines, stand-alone installations. But we may soon drop it for similar functionality within SIMS.net so I hear.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oi! ... over here ...

Give me a shout tomorrow. I am over to CCC next week to give a talk to the management there about it and hope to be able to say "You can roll it out over your network".

From chatting to theschoolsoftwarecompany ... it relies on you using the latest version and doing a few other tweaks too ... I have a list somewhere and will send them across.

Your guvnor seemed mighty impressed with it the other week, but I did try to explain to him that it takes time and a certain amount of disruption to get it out.

Thank Post

I'm intrigued to hear that SIMS.Net might be gaining similar functionality- because of course that would simplify things greatly in terms of actually getting the thing out and into the hands of people who need to use it. I'll investigate that.

Thanks Tony- if I can I will give you a ring or you can email me the information if I haven't gotten back to you if you don't mind? I will be calling the developers tomorrow in any case and will see what they say. They *didn't* mention the part where you warned them about disruption. They only saw the part where it installs and works...

Upper management have a thing lately about 100% uptime for SIMS and Slueth. The latter I can do. The former is a lot harder to give when all I know about SIMS I have had to learn myself from using it!

Paul

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Blog Entries

As much as it pains me to admit it ... I am indebted to the support from .ICT for SIMS ... it saves me a heap of grief and I can usually just let the relevant person with a problem contact the SIMS team once they have told me of the problem.

It is usually sorted within a few hours with little downtime.

I do say to staff that if I *have* to take it down it is for a damn good reason ... and if I could do it anyother time i would ... but I think they have realised I might not be 100% truthful on this :-)

But yeah ... I thought they may have only mentioned the "it works" part ... sorry ... I should have been a little more forceful with that bit.

Thank Post

We use Sleuth, but only on a handful of machines so it was installed manually. We have had it over 18 months now and certian staff love it.

We have just moved CMIS form Sims.net and CMIS has all the facilities to record the same data as Sleuth does so I guess ww will do away with Sleuth in the near future.

Thank Post

SIMS.net does have a behaviour managment section where a lot of the sleuth stuff can be recorded.

The trouble is getting teaching staff to use it for recording incidents rather than swamping pastoral support with paper.

Thank Post

And Sleuth is...?

Thank Post

A data base for recording behaviuor

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information